Thursday, September 17, 2009

Rock On...

One of my favorite things to do is go for walks at the beach and collect rocks. This time, we came home with a TON of them. I was determined to find the “right” container, and place them in the bathroom.


You know, when you have that certain something in mind, so you venture out shopping, “in search of” that item? You spend way too much time looking and trying to picture something that might work. But, because the store(s) don’t have exactly what you had in mind, you settle for something else, bring it home, and decide that it doesn’t look good. So then you return it and start again! Aaahhh…sometimes it gets exhausting! Well, this was one of those times! It took a total of 4 containers and many trips to the store(s) to find the container that was just right.

Here’s the end result…


Oh, but wait…I wasn’t quite satisfied with it. It appeared that the rocks were filled to the brim, like I was hoarding them or something. So, I removed some of them and Rob helped me rearrange the top layer to be a little bit below the rim of the container. I feel better about it now.



What do you think looks best? FULL or JUST BELOW? Or, maybe I shouldn’t ask. You may have a totally different idea and then I’ll have to start this whole process again!

Full

Just Below

Thanks for your help! (well, maybe)….ha ha
hi-d

6 comments:

Shirley said...

Oh, I really love it! Looks great. I do like it below the rim, too. I agree that it looks "over the top" with the full one :)

Anonymous said...

Just below looks better.

xoxo
dawn

Anonymous said...

I love your rock collection Heidi! Below the rim makes you think that you aren't done collecting and I like that!

Moosic Mom said...

Those rocks are beautiful. Maybe you should put the container upside down, or maybe side-ways, or possibly fill it with water, too. Just kidding. It looks good almost full. Pretty colors.

Katie said...

My vote is below the rim. ; )

I love that translation from Philippians! Thank you for sharing it with me. Blessings to you.

j said...

I like just below the best. It really does look nice!