Friday, September 11, 2009

When you can't see what's in front of you...

There's something about fog that is so mysterious or mystyifing. I like it, but not so much when I'm driving. I remember once being home from college and driving back to school at night with my best friend. The fog on the freeway was so thick, I could barely see 10 ft in front of me. She taught me a good lesson that day...She said, look at the white line on the side of the road...let that be your guide. It really helped me stay in my lane, but I was still nervous about what was down the road.


Isn't that like life sometimes? It's hard to focus and stay on the road that we are traveling down...the everyday tasks or live changing events. It's scary when you can't see what's ahead of you. I am learning to trust that Jesus will direct my steps. He just wants us to take one step at a time in faith and He'll light our pathway.

He'll be that white line that I will follow...

I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them. Isaiah 42:16 (NIV)


Happy day!
hi-d

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... something tells me this post was meant specifically for me. Guess God's trying to tell me something.

:-)

Shirley said...

Love this! Love the picture that goes along with it.

Moosic Mom said...

You are wise, you are trusting the Lord for all in your life, and you are not ashamed of Jesus...and I am so proud to call you "daughter."

Katie said...

Just what I needed to hear today, friend. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!