Monday, December 5, 2011

43 Weeks

Over the past few weeks, this guy has REALLY become mobile. He's crawling around like crazy and is into EVERYTHING! This past week he has been using things to help him stand up. He is getting good at this, but still needs to hold onto something for balance. He's really keeping us on our toes. I'm wondering when he'll start walking.  

I noticed today that another tooth has poked through - one of his upper lateral incisors. So now he has 5 teeth.

He is funny about food. Sometimes he gobbles it up and other times he only eats a couple bites. I think it may have to do with teething at times. He really enjoys drinking water from sippy cups and likes the ones that his Grandma LaLa bought him. In the past, Rob and I would hold a cup up to his mouth and he'd drink like that. But now, he can do it on his own, using a sippy cup and that way he doesn't get totally soaked.

He continues to say "mama" and "dada" as well as "papa." He also says "baby" a lot. And he knows his name. If he is going towards something that he is not supposed to touch and we say, "Maximus" in a firm voice, he'll stop and look at us. We'll then say, "No" and then he pauses and usually continues towards the object until we repeat the process. Eventually we have to go grab him before he rips the VHS/DVD player from the TV cabinet or tackles our computers.

He is a sweet boy, but is very determined and persistent. He loves to play peek-a-boo and he really makes us laugh when he starts squealing. It's both exhausting and fun raising this little guy. We love him to pieces.

I hope your week is off to a good start. How's the Christmas shopping coming along? I'm about 1/2 way done.

Happy day!
hi-d

3 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!! HE IS SO FABULOUS! This weekend, I had wanted to attempt to draw him, but was out at ballet recitals and parties. I have got to capture this darling little man!!!!!!!!! DEAREST, I JUST SENT OUT YOUR CARDS yesterday. I pray they arrived smooth and curl-free......the paper is giving me trouble....do let me know honestly how they arrive. Anita

Sam W. said...

lovin all the hair on his head!! what a cute boy.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh this is the cutest picture....HEIDI DEAREST, thank you for coming over! Life is getting busy, isn't it? I think I am taking a day off this week, because I just have to catch up with myself!!!!!

Yes, do tell me how your cards arrive; I am curious how the cold weather is going to affect the paper!!!!! BIG HUGS TO YOU DEAREST! Anita