Monday, January 2, 2012

47 Weeks

For the past few weeks Maximus has been sleeping MUCH better at night. I only have to get up once or twice a night.

He enjoys trying different foods, especially things that  Rob and I eat. Maximus gets a lot of satisfaction from feeding himself. Okay, he's not feeding himself with a spoon yet, but just bits and pieces off his high chair tray. He really likes pasta, chicken, meatballs, gold fish, greek yogurt and even nibbles of pizza. He still eats oatmeal, fruit, veggies, cheese, cereal and avacodos. The other thing he really digs, is water! He drinks that from his sippy cup throughout the day.

At Christmas time, Grandma LaLa fed him a cracker with cream cheese & olive tapenade. And he went nuts over it! He was in heaven! haha...I was dying to see if he'd like lemons. I know that sounds crazy, but I love lemons, and especially craved them when I was pregnant with him. The other day I gave him some lemon and he LOVED it too! Just to be sure I tried it again another day and I got the same reaction. Don't worry, it's not something I will be feeding him on a regular basis. I know the acid can be bad on the enamel of one's teeth. (smile)

When we feed him, oftentimes he have a spoon, bowl or his sippy cup that he holds. It's a good distraction. And sometimes he plays the game of dropping those things onto the floor. He is funny to watch, because he anticipates the crash on the floor, blinking his eyes just before it even hits. I like to get his reaction by catching the object before it drops to the ground. There is no crash, so no noise...but he STILL blinks. And then usually smiles. HA!

I hope your New Year is off to a good start!


Happy day!
hi-d

6 comments:

moosic mom said...

His feet are nearly touching the blanket! One of these days. He sure is handsome. Looks like Rob. Thank you for the stories of your life with little Max.

Cindy said...

What a pretty baby Maximus is !! I wish I could hold him before he gets too big.

Sam W. said...

how funny that he loves lemons!! what a cutie.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

LOOK AT THIS????? Way too cute. AND I KEEP MEANING to draw this child for his lips and eyes are just PERFECT!!

HI HEIDI! I went back to work today after almost 2 divine weeks of tranquility!

PEACE TO YOU ALL ! Anita

Anonymous said...

He is such a little cutie hi-d!! Sure do wish we lived closer... so I could be the crazy Auntie!! :)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Heidi!

I AM BACK AT SCHOOL FULL SWING and here we go again....trying to find time to do what I LOVE!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COMING TO VISIT ME; I so appreciate and LOVE all of the sweet words!

Have a fun day with the little man!!! Anita