Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday, Maximus! (Fair warning...LOTS of pictures)

 
 
Happy Birthday, Maximus! You have brought us so much joy this past year. You are sweet, content, intelligent, peaceful, tender, funny, mischievious, determined & serious at times. We love you so much!

You also share a birthday with your proud Grandpa, (Rob's Dad). Here you were last year, only 7 days old. We want to wish you a Happy Birthday as well, Dad/Bernie/Grandpa! We hope you had a fun day! Love you, from all of us!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday we had a party for Maximus. We celebrated in the afternoon with our families over at my parent's house. The weather was beautiful and it turned out to be a fun day!
The Birthday Boy
I was happy with how the cake turned out. Thanks to my best friend, Shirley for getting me hooked up with Pinterest, I found some cakes on there and incorporated some of those design elements into this cake. The bakery that made it did a fantastic job of taking what I did in photoshop and the cake photos from Pinterest, to make this yummy cake.

I bought some fleece fabric at JoAnn Fabrics, using a 50% off coupon and it served as a table cloth. Now, I'll be able to sew the edges and make it into a blanket. I love finding a duel purpose for things.
This diy birthday banner was another thing that I found off of Pinterest. Here is the link from Katydid & Kid's blog that shows you the step by step how to on this fun sign that I'll use for many birthday's to come. The ribbon connecting the circles together was ribbon I saved from baby/shower gifts.
Having fun with with his cousin, Isaac.
His other cousin Isaiah is in the background. These two are so cute together.
This was the gift that Grandpa & Grandma LaLa (Rob's parents) gave to him and it served as "the chair" that he sat in to open presents. Okay...I technically opened the gifts, but he enjoyed grabbing the boxes, bags, wrapping paper & tissue. 
Here was Maximus' own personal cake. You'll notice that the top portion looks like a bite was taken out of it. Oops...unfortunately it slipped in the box when we were transporting it into the house.
And now the fun part! Boy, oh Boy! He really didn't eat a whole lot of the cake or the whip cream frosting. He put his hands in his mouth enough times to make his lips turn blue, but when Rob gave him a bite of cake, he kind of had a funny look on his face. Just as good. I'd rather have him stick to fruits & veggies. :)
He definitely needed a good bath after all of that.
When Rob, my Mom and I were cleaning up, my Dad was holding Maximus on his lap and the two of them were rocking in the chair. It didn't take too long before he fell asleep. I just love this photo. So, sweet!


Happy day!
hi-d

9 comments:

Shirley said...

LOVE all the pictures! So sweet!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OMGOODNESS, how utterly ADORABLE, HEIDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just love those pics with him and the balloons but the pictures with Maximus and both his grandpas are precious as can be. AND to see you with Rob, I can see that Maximus is going to be a TALL MAN!!!!!!!! Oh dearest, these are wonderful memories of a beautiful day How blessed you are and how blessed is Maximus to have his grandpas with him! You are going to need a WEEK to recover from this party!

THANK YOU FOR VISITING and do rest up!!!! Anit

Diana Mieczan said...

I adore all those photos and it looks like one awesome Birthday party:) Happy Birthday to the little cutie. Have a great day, sweetie.

Kathleen W. said...

Oh, how sweet! First birthdays are ones to be treasured, that's for sure.

You did a fabulous job with the banner! It's gorgeous! I hope you use it for many years to come.

Happy birthday Maximus!

Martina said...

OMG, he DID enjoy his birthday Heidi! Cheers to the next happy year ahead, love for the day!

Jessica Elyse @ Memoirs of a Mommy said...

Maximus is so adorable. I can't believe he is alreay 1! And...may I just say that cake turned out awesome. So cute.

Deborah said...

Oh what a little bundle of joy he is!!!
I loved to see his little hands in the cake and icing!
Happy Birthday Maximus..you are mommys pride and joy!
Tha nk you for sharing such a celebration of the heart with us!!
Loved all your photos and sweet memories!

Deborah xoxoxooxox

Luna said...

Saw your comment on Love vs Design and I had to tell you, Maximus was the name I had chosen for our second son, thanks to the film 'Gladiator'. Alas, my partner didn't like it. Your son is gorgeous. Thanks for the valentines tips too :)

Run26.2Mom said...

Maximus celebrated in style! Love the spontaneous balloon pictures...pure joy.
He is changing so quickly! Enjoy every second, I know you do :)
Susan