Friday, February 24, 2012

This and That...

My little guy has been taking more steps on his own lately. In fact, I captured him in action briefly, on video Monday, but I accidentally erased it! Ugh! The next evening, Maximus and I were in the kitchen. I was sitting on the floor, and he was near the dishwasher. He started walking towards me and ended up right into my arms, with a big hug! It was the BEST thing ever...even if he may have been using me to keep himself from falling. Who knows...but, it was SO sweet!

Speaking of things getting erased...One of my biggest fears, since I haven't been keeping up on his baby book like I should, is that my blog would get lost/erased. I mean...WHAT IF? I would be crushed!!! As I was visiting blogs, I read on Katie's Keepers, about getting a blog published into a book. Katie has ordered blog books from a place called blog2print and I REALLY want to do this! It can be a little on the spendy side, but considering that I am documenting so much of Maximus' life on here, I believe it would be money well spent.
Kind of sad to see it go, but it was time. The paper shredder has now been removed and put into a closet where Maximus can't get to it. We bought him his very own garbage can with a swinging lid on it. This is a much more child friendly alternative. To prevent him from pushing it over, we put two 5 pound weights on the bottom, with a towel for padding. So, now he can put paper, toys or whatever he so desires into it.

Last night Rob was getting Maximus ready for bed & pulled his arms out of his sweatshirt and left him looking like this...

This cracks me up, but I'm not sure how funny he'll think it is when he's a teenager. Maximus really gets a kick out of his shirt like this. When we are changing him out of his clothes, he giggles when we're lifting the shirt over his face. As a tiny baby, he hated it! He would cry and scream everytime something was pulled over his face and head.


This is the look of someone doing something he isn't supposed to do. Here's that dvd/vhs player I've mentioned before. We try and block it, but he seems to find a way to get there...Determined little guy.
He almost looks too short to be climbing stairs. I love the little leg kicking out here. The sock on the stairs is his motivation.


Have a lovely weekend, everyone!
hi-d

7 comments:

moosic mom said...

I love all you talked about. It is sooo much fun having him to complete your family!

lisa Moran, Bilancia Designs said...

The shirt on the head is priceless. Your little guy is just adorable...
I came by way of my dear friend, Anita's blog.
Adorable pictures!
Enjoy these magical moments..they pass by so quickly. I have 2 children that are ready to leave the nest soon (16 and 17). I can't even imagine that day. The world will hear me sobbing, for sure! LOL
Have a beautiful weekend with your adorable little guy.
(How do you keep yourself from pinching those chubby, little legs??? :)
Lisa

Martina said...

Oh oh, Maximus is getting more and more adventurous i see ;) thee hee, lots f fun awaits you Heidi!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

MY GOODNESS how he is growing more and more my dear....and I LOVE THE IDEA of putting our blogs into book form. I have a dilemma however, because of the photos I use...copyright, you know. BUT we shall she how I can figure a way to use my words to change them into poetry and then I will consider it. BUT YOU HAVE A WEALTH OF PHOTOS OF YOUR OWN and what a gift that would be for Maximus on his WEDDING DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE TO YOU DEAR and yes, we did GET SNOW!!!!!! Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh those thighs!!!!!!

teeheeee.......he is going to be one heartbreaker!

Oh Heidi,thank you for visiting my Etsy SHOP!!!!!!! ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND! Anita

Rae said...

I have missed your sweet smile and your sweet Maximus!!!Boy is he getting big! He is so cute.
Blessing dear friend, to you and yours!!

Shirley said...

SO cute!!! I LOVE that in the one with his shirt over his head ... he is holding a page that says "ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING!!!" Classic! That's a photo winner waiting to happen :) Love ya!