Thursday, March 15, 2012

13 Months

Maximus turned 13 months on the 7th of March...I'm just a wee bit slow in getting around to posting this.

Between 12 and 13 months, he has learned how to walk on his own and really enjoys being on his feet and moving around. He plows right over toys and objects on the ground; although, he has learned to step over the baby gate into the kitchen. Sometimes he gets walking so fast that he looks like he's running. When he trips or falls or bumps into something, he rarely cries. He's pretty tough that way. We try not to make a big deal about it and not react with a big gasp and "Ohhhh..." That way, it usually doesn't even phase him.

In other areas, Maximus is communicating more and more with us...he continues to point at things that he wants, like his swing. He loves that swing of his. I'm not sure what we're going to do once he outgrows. Perhaps we'll have to get him a hammock.

When we're in the kitchen eating, he points to the curtains, wanting me to open them so he can look outside. He also points to things in his room that he likes or wants to touch. When we say certain words like: curtain, window, alphabet, tiger, bird, ball, swing, he will point at them.

Him and I love to play peek-a-boo. When I need to shower, most of the time I put him in his crib with some toys and a blanket and he is perfectly content. But before I get ready, we usually play this game where I come in and out of the room and say, "boo" to him...he giggles and usually falls over if he's standing in his crib. I'll rush up to him and say boo and kiss him and we'll both laugh. I cherish those times with him.

He still loves the garage and at every chance he gets he likes to push the button to open or close the garage door. His obsession with the dishwasher has not faded...just yesterday, he climbed on top of the door and was sitting on it. I quickly took a couple photos with my cell phone.
He's a funny boy. He makes us laugh daily. He loves, dancing, rhythm and music. I thought I'd also post another video of him that I took last week. He's dancing in his crib during some play time. I posted this to facebook, but wanted to share it with my blogger friends as well. Last time I posted a video of him dancing, Louis Prima's, Just a Gigolo was playing in the background. Well, again...here he goes...same song, but with much more enthusiasm. haha...

Happy day!
hi-d

7 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

HEIDI DEAREST! It has been a long time since I have seen you TWO!!! OH HOW WONDERFUL it is to see you again! I know you have been busy; me too! OOOOOH, we were out last weekend antiquing. We walked into one of the many antique shops in town and guess what I saw? A KOOKY BIRD!!!!! He looked pretty used up, but it was HIM!!!!!!!! Even Ruben recognized that face and knew WHO I was thinking of!

BIG HUGS TO YOU BOTH and thank you so much for visiting today! Oh how fun it is to see you...Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

This boy is soon going to be wrestling, playing ball and learning to read and write....he is going to be DYNAMITE!!! Love this picture so much; it is as if he is pointing up at your post title: "13 MONTHS AM I!"

Oh Heidi, thank you for visiting. Enjoy your SUNDAY!!! Anita

Run26.2Mom said...

A hammock! A great idea. We actually have one in our backyard and we have all taken naps on it. I highly recommend :)
What fun you are having!
Peace.
Susan

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

It's a whole other world once they start to walk isn't it? :)

lisa Moran, Bilancia Designs said...

Heidi~
When I saw the picture of your beautiful, little guy in the dishwasher I almost cried! My son (who just turned 17) did the exact same thing and I have the picture to cherish forever. It almost looks like Montana with the same ADORABLE look on his face...and how funny...Montana's birthday was March 2nd! March babies! My daughter, Francesca's birthday is March 21st--they're only 11 months apart, so for 3 weeks out of each year they're the same age. :) Enjoy these magical moments with your son--they go by so quickly!
He is so beautiful! Remember to pinch those cheeks for me! LOL
Have a wonderful weekend!
LIsa

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning dearest,

It is so good to see you my friend. Has life been extra busy for you? I am so grateful for your kind words and the enthusiasm is just wonderful. Sing OH HAPPY DAY when you see that little Maximus grow into the man that can make a difference in this world.....be well. Anita

Rae said...

I miss you and Maximus, he is getting so big, and he is just so CUTE!!I love coming here to see your little one, it really blesses me every time!! Have a happy week end, dear!