Friday, April 13, 2012

Mr. Independent

Maximus likes to do for himself. Perfect example is when it comes to brushing his teeth. At first chance, he wanted to hold the toothbrush on his own. Once I let go, I had a hard time getting it away from him.
So, to alleviate the struggle, I started letting him have the toothbrush when one of us is brushing our own teeth. Now, we don't run into any issues, except for a good amount of drool. haha.. Once we're finished, then he's done too. I lift him up to the sink, rinse off his brush and wipe the drool away. No screaming anymore on his part.
 He's also discovered how to use a light switch recently.


Pulling the switch down is much easier than pushing it up.
Have a Happy Weekend!
hi-d

4 comments:

Rae said...

Well isn't he getting cuter by the day! He is really getting big and I love being part of watching him grow!! It's a blessing! I do remember the light switch issue, with my kid and all my 7 grand kids...it's a bit nerving, but they all seems to love turning it on and off as much as they can get away with it!
Enjoy that sweet young man, they grow up way to soon.
Much love,
Rayanne

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh dear, it is happening. MR. INDEPENDENT!!!!!!!! This is darling my dear Heidi! And look at that expression on his FACE! He knows he is going to be a hit in life!!!! Anita

moosic mom said...

He is so sweet. He loves the new keyboard for kids.

Mary said...

Mr. Independent is so accomplished! Very cute M.