Monday, December 10, 2012

22 Months

 
 On the 7th, Maximus turned 22 months. It was tough trying to get a picture of him for this. He wouldn't stand where I wanted him to and he insisted on holding his snack. I think he was a little mesmerized because normally we have the tree blocked in with ottomans so he can't get to it. This freedom was both exciting and very tempting. Here he is reminding himself that he shouldn't touch the tree, by saying, "No, No, No."
 
Over the last month, he is talking more and more. Some of the words he says are as clear as day. He has the cutest little voice. I try to write things down on a pad of paper so I can compile this for these posts, but surprisingly, as long as these posts are, I don't record everything. Here's some of the things he's been saying:
 
clock, money, ring, tattoo, tea, yucky, ew, heat, heater, hot, bunny, hop, wet, back-up, home, no more, toot, ding-dong, Gramma & wheel.
 
guy = this usually refers to the guy that is blowing leaves with the blower outside. One day Rob was asking me what guy Maximus was talking about. LOL...
 
reek = rake
 
dup = dump (as in dump truck)
 
lee-ap = lap
 
deep = dip (loves to dip his food in ketchup, sauce, dressing, etc)
 
doot = dirt
 
pah-tah = pasta
 
pee-tah = pizza
 
pum = prune
 
geep = grape 
 
tea pot = tea cup (this cracks me up that he says pot instead of cup)
 
E U = Ernie...however he sometimes says Ooo-knee.
 
cooh = cool
 
pan or pan-ah = pen (lately he is adding the "ah" sound to the end of words).
 
bag or bag-ah = bag
 
pritty = pretty
 
Pooh = for Winnie the Pooh
 
honey or hi-knee = honey
 
dow = down
 
ah-gah = ???
 
caw-key-koh = ???
 
teep = tape
 
cam-rah = camera
 
bambino = Rob calls Maximus this a lot. M will say it correctly sometimes...other times it sounds like bam-ee-no.
 
doot or doo-dah = dude (this is another thing that Rob calls him).
 
Timmy & Pan-nah = the dogs at grandpa & grandma LaLa's are Timmy and Panda.
 
ee-mo = email
 
mo-more = MORE, MORE!
 
bubba = bubble
 
peek = pink
 
pie-you or P U = P U (as in stinky)
 
oh-dee = oh dear (I say this, but I LOVE his version way better & may adopt it for good).
 
Maximus has gotten real good at imitating me. He'll say, "what?!" really fast, in an assertive voice. He also has picked up the habit of yelling, "Rob!" when I'm calling Rob from another room. M even does this on his own, when Rob is downstairs. Rob, a.k.a. Papa, isn't too excited about it, but I must say it is quite comical!
 
He's getting good at repeating certain names of people that we say to him: Danny, Timmy, Tony & Mindi. Sometimes he says "Tina" or "Annie." I'm not sure where those came from. He better not have any girlfriends that I don't know about. haha...
 
Maximus will say "baby" when I say, Sydney, his newest cousin's name.
 
why or rye = ride bike (there's an exercise bike in our bedroom, so he says this a lot).
 
ba-na-na = banana (so cute how he really enunciates the syllables).
 
Most of the time, he's able to recognize the letters: U, M, T, B, Y, P, O and the numbers 2 and 9.
 
We are learning more sign language. I love that he's able to communicate to us in this manner. He does a great sign for monkey.
 
We're back to a better sleep schedule again. He wakes up around 6:00 to 7:00 am and goes down for a nap around 12:30 pm and gets up 2 or 3 hours later. Bedtime is still between 7:30 & 8:00 pm. When he's napping he tends to groan and moan sometimes. I'm not sure if he's really awake when he's doing this.
 
I've weighed him recently on our scale and he's around 25 pounds. I'm fine that he's on the smaller side for his age...much easier to carry around. M still wears size 3 diapers and size 4 in night time diapers. He likes sleeping with his blankies and teddy bear. At night he wears a sleep sack most of the time. He's a size 6 wide in shoes. As far as clothes, he's anywhere from a size 12 months - 2T. It just depends...bottoms are usually 12 - 18 months. Tops are typically 18  months and sleepers 18 - 24 months.
 
It's hard to believe that in less than 2 months, this guys will be turning 2! What a blessing he's been to us. I cannot imagine life without him. And to all of you that read and/or comment on my blog, thank you! I enjoy sharing this little guy's life with you!
 
 
Happy day!


10 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good evening dear HEIDI and MAXIMUS! Look at this...this is hard to believe that he is growing so quickly, before all of our eyes! What a great chronological log of his life. He will always be able to look back at this and see how you shared him with...the world!

Much love to you and have A BLAST WITH HIM! Anita

Mary said...

ah this is so cute. You are doing so well to keep all of his cutie-ism recorded. Lovely.

renae said...

Heidi! what a fun record! i love that you pay attention to every little word and what it means. my Mom recorded our baby words and i love having that record. she would tell us the words for years and years, too. i learned all of my siblings cute words, too that way. such fun. such fun.

i am so glad to see a new post and keep them coming (no pressure, k?) but ya!!!

(hug) renae :D

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning sweet girl! I am so glad to hear that you and Mr. Maximus have been shaking it with CUBAN SUGAR!!! teeheee.......isn't that the funnest music?

OFF I GO TO TEACH TODAY! Big hugs sweet friend! Anita

renae said...

Heidi! you crack me! i read your comments last night while in bed on my smartphone and was laughing and laughing. so funnnny you are. THANK YOU FOR BEING MY BLOG BUDDY! love to you, renae

renae said...

hahahahaha! all of these comments thus far are from Anita, Mary or me. hahahahaha.

oh and i meant to say 'crack up' UP, i left off the "UP!". see i'm screwing up and it is a new morning.
what's my excuse?

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning precious Heidi! THANK YOU for the appreciation that you mentioned. I worked two days this week in second grade...oh what angels and sweet little people....but it does take a lot of energy and the rest of this week, I am working on orders and MY CHRISTMAS!

Much love ! Anita

renae said...

Heidi! you CRACK me up!!! you make me smile, you do!

hey, seeing M by the tree reminded me of all the christmas ornaments i broke as a kid. my Mom wouldn't make a big deal about it, just tell me to stop it, but that didn't seem to adhere. i loved the little things too much and would touch and then bammm, broke into little sharp pieces to run from.

does M do that? hahahaha.

(hug)!!!

Red Rose Alley said...

Heidi,
Maximus looks so cute by the Christmas tree. Yes, very soon he will be saying all kinds of words, some you will wonder where he heard them from hehe. This is going to be such a fun Christmas for all of you this year. I remember this age, and everything looks so magical. Enjoy the season, Heidi!
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Palomasea said...

And we so enjoy reading all about Maximus and his precious cuteness!!
You are so blessed, dear Heidi, that you are able to notice and appreciate all of these changes...
We forget so many of the beautiful details unless we write them down.
Almost two!!
Hugs to you and Mr. M!
xoxo,
- Irina