Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Cardboard Box

Yesterday Maximus and I went to Costco. They put most of the things I purchased in a cardboard box. When we got home and I unloaded it, I tossed the box on the kitchen floor thinking M might have some fun with it.


He pretended to go "nigh nigh" in it.



Later he took it out of the kitchen and decided to chill with his shirt up. He has this fascination lately with his tummy. ha!


Then, last night he had some more fun, sitting in it and playing with some cups.


He even put it on the couch...


...and enjoyed a swig of some toy mustard. Silly boy.


He also threw a bunch of tools in the box and acted like he was a truck, backing up and making a beeping horn sound. Then he'd dump everything out. I think he was pretending to be a garbage truck.

He's so happy with the simple everyday things and it's so fun to watch his creative mind work. Even today...he was so excited to come downstairs when he got up. He went straight for the box!

Only 2 days before this guy turns 2 years old! No presents necesarry...just bring him a cardboard box.


Happy day!

9 comments:

moosic mom said...

Dad and I had fun looking at these cute pictures of Mr. Creative Box Lover! He sure has an imagination. We could bring him a bigger box with a blanket, and he may take a nap! Ha!

renae said...

Ah. He is so cute in all those photos. That's right his birthday is 2.7.11! There's that "7-11" again, huh? :D

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Heidi,

So cute and it really is things like a cardboard box that can be more fun than expensive toys.
I remember the fun my kids had playing in a box that the fridge had come in - they made a little hut and had fun.
Hope you are enjoying the week

Hugs
Carolyn

Deborah said...

Oh my Heidi...Maximus is just the cutest little guy ever!
It's not hard to please them is it?! I remember when my boys wer small and even playing with tupperware or things in the cupboard was totally fun for them!
Oh I wish I could squeeze and hug him...and you too!
Have a wonderful week sweetie!

All my heart,
Deborah xoxoxoox

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Oh he is such a sweetheart!
Children are funny, mine used to love to play with the pots and pans..
Have a great day Heidi
blessings,
Penny

Red Rose Alley said...

Heidi,
I delighted in this post so much because I remember it was the simple things that my children would love the most. A cardboard box..... can you imagine the possibilities they can discover in a their world? When I was growing up, we used to build dirt forts in the fields that were across the street from our houses. We would spend the whole day out there just creating and dreaming and having fun. These pictures are precious, Heidi, and Maximus looks so content just having his own box. There is so much for him to do with it using his imagination.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

How nice to have a visit from you.
Thank you so much for your sweet note about my art.
Give Maximus a big HUG!
blessings,
Penny

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OH MY GOODNESS am I ever late! Subbing has actually given me less time to blog...I don't know why my schedule is so off these days!

Leave it to a child to find a way to make a box a fascinating toy! I love to watch to see what they will come up with and I cannot help but LAUGH so hard. Oh Heidi, you should have seen the darling boy I had yesterday in a first grade class. Mr. M. is going to steal a teacher's heart soon....

THANKS FOR VISITING! Anita

Marianne said...

I wish Costco would send me home with a Maximus! Adorable.