Monday, December 30, 2013

21 Weeks

Santino made it through Christmas last week and all the festivities. He really loves staring at the lights and pretty ornaments on the tree.

We started him on prunes a few days ago and he loves it mixed with his rice cereal. He gobbles up the food just about as fast as we can give it to him. You'd think he would be sleeping through the night, but no such luck. (He's slept maybe a solid 4-5 hours a few times, but I don't consider that sleeping through the night). He still continues to wake up a couple times a night for me to feed and change him. 

When Santino is lying on his back on the floor, he gets a kick out of Maximus coming over and lying on top of him. It kind of freaked me out at first when Rob showed me, since Maximus is so much bigger than S. I was afraid that M was hurting the baby, but then I saw the huge smile on Santino's face and it made me feel better. We continue to caution Maximus to be gentle with his brother, and for the most part he is.

Santino likes to scratch and pull at things. He'll scratch his fingernails on pillows, clothes and the couch. I'm not sure if it's the sound, texture, him just trying to grab at things, or all of the above that he enjoys. He's also really good at pulling hair. Ouch! Even Maximus has been the recipient of that.

Santino likes sitting upright and if supported well, he can sit on the couch by himself. He's not totally independent when it comes to that yet. He still doesn't have the balance to sit on his own.

He definitely likes attention, lots of bouncing, holding and kissing. Yes! This baby LOVES kisses! I can't even tell you how many times I kiss him a day. Muwah! Santino also loves it when we talk or sing to him.

Can you believe tomorrow is the last day of the year? I can hardly wrap my mind around how fast 2013 has gone. I feel so blessed in many ways. One thing I appreciate are all of you reading this. Thanks for taking the time to stop by. I've truly "met" some of the nicest people through blogging.

I hope to post some photos from Christmas this week.

Happy New Year!



5 comments:

Shirley said...

Look at the little pumpkin!! My how he has grown. Great job keeping up with the weekly updates, too. Glad you had a nice Christmas. Happy New Year!!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning precious Heidi and Santino! This holiday season has truly flown by too fast for me - I was happily blogging ALL DAY yesterday and must have missed this new post of yours when I settled in for the evening.

He is SO BIG NOW! It really seems as if it were just yesterday that you announced his arrival!

May this new year be a great one for all of you, and I can't wait to see how the boys grow. You have been so wonderful to me Heidi, and a great friend. God bless you all! Anita

Red Rose Alley said...

Heidi,
First of all, I want to thank you for your prayer for my brother-in-law. It was so beautiful. Santino is just a bundle of joy, and I look forward to watching him and Maximus grow with each day.

Happy New Year Heidi! I hope you have a fantastic new year surrounded with lots of love from your family.

~Sheri

moosic mom said...

Those little lambs you have the Jesus blessed you with are a joy. They both have their sweet personalities. Maximus is so good to Santino. And Santino is growing so much! Wow...he is so healthy, strong, and alert! Good parenting, Heidi and Robby!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Heidi,

How precious the sweet photo of Santino is - the boys must enjoy each others company.
Happy New Year to you and your lovely family.
Hugs & best wishes
Carolyn