Thursday, July 24, 2014

Maximus Says...

I try to record some of the funny or clever things that Maximus says, at the time, so I can remember them. Here are some of the highlights from back in April & May. Look for more recent conversations soon. 
 
April '14
Convo #1
Maximus (talking to me):  I'm going to give baby a five on his booty.
 
Convo #2
Maximus (after I told him he couldn't have any gummy bears):  I changed my mind. I can have some.
 
Convo #3
Maximus (before Rob left for work in the morning):  You can save your hug.
Rob:  Okay, I'll save it for later.
Maximus:  You can put it in your truck.
 
Convo #4
Maximus (in the bathroom):  Can I flush the toilet?
Me:  Yes
Maximus:  Bye, Bye. Have a good day! (waving as he's flushing the toilet)
 
Convo #5
Maximus (regarding TV & Tea)I want some tea. Papa, can you put it on pause so I can drink it out there?


Convo #6
Maximus (in response to something placed up high so Santino wouldn't grab it):  That would be dangerous, dangerous, dangerous. (as he shakes his finger at Santino).
 
Convo #7
Maximus (talking about a butterfly):  If he doesn't have a nose, he can't breathe. That's why he has a nose.
 
May '14
Convo #8
One of his blankets was in the wash and hadn't been dried in time for his nap, So I got out a special quilt that was made for him and told him he could use that instead...reminding him it was the blanket he got when he was baptized as a baby.

Maximus:  We used pellegrino water for my baptism. The pellegrino water helps the baptism. Does the guy put pellegrino water on my head? I like him...he's a nice guy.
 
Convo #9
Maximus (cleaning up blocks & telling Santino):  No. It's not time to play baby. I'll give you two more chances.
 
 
Happy weekend!

5 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I LOVE HIM.

Oh Heidi, this is such a great thing you are doing for the boys, recording their development! I wonder what technologies will exist for THEM as adults so they can record their childrens' lives?

HAPPY FRIDAY MY FRIEND!

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

This is a face to love!
He is growing up so fast, Heidi.
Where oh where is the time going.
Have a wonderful day dear friend.
love,
Penny

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning Heidi! I see the Tea Set Lady is here...teeeheee...HI PENNY!

Thank you so much my friend, for coming to visit my post. It was indeed a great party, and I missed you so much for it, but maybe next time, IF there is one. Last year was truly my last, but something just pulled on me to do it again, and it worked. But we shall see.

You mentioned the FB page where Cathy shares a photo of where Minka gave birth? I must go visit! I am usually not on FB, but I really must go see this.

Have a marvelous weekend dear sista! MUCH LOVE, Anita

Anonymous said...

Oh, Heidi, you have me in tears again...good tears though. My blue-eyed chickadee moved out two weeks ago and I miss him very much. I'm happy that he's spreading his wings, and he didn't move too far so he does visit, but that room and empty closet...no words. Your idea to save your conversations this way is genius. They will be gems in the future.
Hugs to you, and Maximus who is looking so grown up...and one more hug for Santino too.
xoxo's

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Heidi, this made me laugh because I used to write some of the funny things that my son would say when he was little. And you know what? I still have them written down in a journal to this day. You can sit down with Maximus when he's 20 years old, as I did with my son, and have a good laugh together.

love,
~Sheri