Monday, August 18, 2014

Checking In

 I have been taking a break from blogging lately. All of us have been sick. A couple weeks ago, I came down with an awful cold and was completely exhausted. Good thing Rob helped out a lot and I was able to stay in bed most of the first weekend I was ill. I'm feeling better, but the coughing and congestion is still hanging on.
 
A few days after I got sick, Maximus got the flu and threw up 3 times in one day. Poor guy. He also had a fever that was over 103 degrees at one point. He bounced back, (so I thought) several days later, but then came down with my cold.
 
For a while, Santino was the only healthy one in the family. But he too succumbed to the flu with high temps like Maximus and also got a cold. It's hard with kids, because when one child is sick, it seems like the other is bound to get it too.
 
Both boys have been coughing and have been congested. I called the advice nurse a couple of times, but it appeared to be a viral infection, so there wasn't anything they could do...so we've been waiting it out at home. We've had to cancel Santino's birthday party with our families a couple of times now and will have to reschedule when everyone is well.
 
This was taken today when the boys were rocking in the chair like they enjoy doing. They are getting better. Slowly, but surely.
 
But, poor Rob. Throughout this whole ordeal, he's been sick; however, it really hit him hard a few days ago. And today, he came home early from work and has been in bed all day!
 
I will be so glad when we're all back to 100%. Being sick is no fun...I hate seeing the boys sick, the most. It really makes me appreciate me and my family's health!
 
Well, this wasn't supposed to be a feel sorry for us kind of post, but just wanted to share what's been going on. It seems so strange to be so sick in the middle of summer.
 
Do you ever get sick this time of year? It's no fun, anytime of the year, right? I hope all of you are well! Stay healthy! 

6 comments:

moosic mom said...

Ooooh......poor babies looked so sick. Today's picture of them is better. Summer time is a hard time to have to stay indoors, and feel bummed! Glad you are getting well. Poor Rob....he sure has been hit with it. So sorry. Get well for the birthday party for you two and three more in our family.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

My friend, I was just thinking of you yesterday as I was driving home from my first meeting of the entire week for preparing to go back to school. HERE YOU ARE. Oh I'm sorry to hear you've been so sick, and you can still see traces of it in the boys' eyes....be well my friend, and I THINK OF YOU! HUGS

HI LORETTA! Anita

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Oh Heidi.... Those summer colds are the worst.. So sorry you all have been down.. I can see it in the boys eyes, but their eyes in the last photo here, their eyes look a little better.
I know what you are saying... It is so hard to see your children sick, but they are looking a little better... You take care of yourself. Poor Rob.. Hope he feels better soon.

Wishing you all a speedy recovery.
blessings,
Penny

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

My dear, dear friend! HELLO!

I am sorry to barely be coming now, after you came by to leave me a dear comment! But I have no internet access at home since Friday. I'm having to drive to a local coffee shop to get WIFI service, but I wanted to thank you so much for coming by. Yes, school starts tomorrow with the kids, and this past week of teacher meetings has been wonderful. Hard to believe however, that summer vacation is over, because it's HOT AND HUMID HERE! Our state fair is on and I wish I could go.

Well my friend, I truly hope for total healing to happen in your household. Blessings to all! Anita

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Heidi, it's no fun when you're sick and then it's even more exhausting when all the family member gets it too, one right after another. I do hope you're feeling better. A big hug to you and the boys.

love,
~Sheri

renae said...

Oh my crazy head! Your boys are so grownup since I was around your blog. chemo does that. You can only do so much until it get where you have lost track of your faves and then what?

Keep your loving arms around those sweet boys and congrats on your up coming anniversary. Our was in June and I slept through it with chemo.

Write more and post more and we will remember we are dear friends. lol