Monday, September 8, 2014

Santino's 1st Birthday Party - Finally!

Saturday we FINALLY had Santino's 1st birthday party. The four of us celebrated last month on his actual birthday, but due to the sickness that cycled through our house, we had to postpone the party that was planned with our families, a couple of times.
 
 It looks like some tiny fingers, may have sampled some frosting.
 
We had the party over at my parent's house. My parents and Rob helped me hang a few decorations. I found this free printable birthday banner on Pinterest. If you're into chevron designs and are looking for a cute birthday banner, I pinned it here. The sign is customizable. You choose from the different colors available, type the letters you want and then print and cut out the shapes. I hung the banner with tiny clothes pins and string. (except for the letter "O" which I taped, because I didn't have enough).
 
Next, I found the EASIEST way to hang balloons. Again, I found this on Pinterest and pinned it here, if you're interested. You blow up the balloons, or ask for some assistance, like I did. Then you grab a needle and thread (I used a heavier upholstery type thread). Next, pass the needle through the end that you've tied off, being careful not to poke your needle into any of the balloons. I only popped one. Once you have them on the thread, you can spread the balloons out and hang with thumb tacks on the wall.
 
After lunch, Santino helped open his presents. Actually, I did most of the unwrapping. We followed it by watching this little guy have at it with his smash cake.
 
"Well...Looky HERE. What do we have?"
 
"The fun has now begun!"
 
Santino covered his hands in cake and frosting and then would clap repeatedly.
 
"Do you like my goatee soul patch?"
 
Cousin Sydney was watching the escapades with Rob's Dad (a.k.a. Grandpa BoBo).
 
My parents & cousin Sydney's Dad
 
My oldest brother, along with my youngest brother & his wife (left to right)
 
Santino pretty much destroyed his cake.
 
He had a ball!
 
Maximus couldn't resist waiting for a bite.
 
My brother with cousin Isaiah were in stitches, laughing at the show Santino put on.
 
If it hadn't been so hot out, we could have let him make the mess outside. At least the floor got a good mopping, thanks to my mom.
 
Chunks of cake and frosting were everywhere.
 
After the mess was made and Santino had about demolished the entire cake, my oldest brother helped me wash Santino off in the kitchen sink, while Rob hosed the high chair off outside.
 
And Maximus finally got a piece of cake and ice cream.
 
The kids had a lot of fun together
 
Rob (with his silly face) along with his parents & Roni's family.
 
It was a fun day! I loved hanging out with family and celebrating this guy's one year milestone. I know he won't remember it, but I sure will. And we got it on video, thanks to my niece, Roni. 
 
Happy Birthday Santino! We love you tons!
 

5 comments:

moosic mom said...

It WAS a great time! Yes, out on the patio would have been a bit better for the clean up....but this was most memorable. He was sooo cute! Good job of doing the party.....Heidi!
Love you!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

HEIDI MY FRIEND! I am a little late to the party, but here I am ! So good to see that everyone is healthy and back on their feet, and what a way to plunge back in!

At first (see, I have no children!) I was wondering why there are two cakes, a round and then a rectangular one....NOW I GET IT! teeeheeee.......what absolute fun! And I see your mom! HI LORETTA!

I adore that photo of you and Mr. Santino wrapped in his white towel. That is just precious. Plenty of cousins and loving adults, these boys of your have a lot of love and support in their lives. It's a joy to watch.

I've missed you!!!!

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Oh dear! I missed your Birthday, dear Santino... Happy Birthday to you little one...
Heidi, these photos are precious.
He made quick time on the cake.. teeheee.. Such a beautiful family you have.. It looks like all had a great day..

Thank you so much for visiting Tilly.. I wish I new how to make a movie on my computer, that would be fun... So happy you enjoyed her and the BIG chair..
blessings,
Penny

Martina said...

Happy birthday, sweet santino! I can't believe you've grown so much! xox

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Santino!!! I scrolled down knowing the big day had to be here because I remember the monthly onesies were climbing high last time I stopped by.
Wishing all of you many blessings...and plenty more birthday cake. ;)
xoxo