Friday, September 12, 2014

The Boys of Summer

We are enjoying the last days of summer. I don't ever recall a summer where the weather has been so nice with such little rain.
 
Maximus is having fun learning to ride his balance bike. He is also loving his swim class that started up this week. I'm happy that he's finally comfortable in the water without me holding him. It's so fun to see his confidence flourish.
 
Santino is walking like crazy...practically running at times. He loves to swing at the park and cries when he has to get down. His appetite is unbelievable at times. Perhaps he's in a growth spurt?
 
I say it all the time, but time goes so fast. Don't you think? Today at Costco, they already had Christmas stuff out!
 
I've been so sporadic lately in blogging. I really hope to get better at posting more often. At least that's my goal. I've also missed so many of you and your blogs. I hope to come by soon.
 
Have a great weekend everyone!

5 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

GOOD MORNING MY FRIEND!

WHEW....this school year is demanding in just my driving time! YOWSA, I'm having a hard time keeping up with what I LOVE: BLOGGING!

Look at these guys. My friend, they are precious! And when they reach the age that I teach (8th grade, 10, 11 and 12) you are going to have a blast. I have some great kids who obviously have been brought up well. They are a joy, I am blessed to at least ENJOY them (some people don't like working with adolescents, but I find it FUN and rewarding) - so I can see these guys towering over their dad with the future in front of them. What a beautiful thing this is, this life....

HUGS TO YOU MY DEAR! Anita

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Good morning Heidi,
I see Anita is here also. And a good morning to you!

I just cannot believe how BIG the boys are getting. To me, it feel like Santino was just born... You are so right, and I say it all the time... Where does the time go.
Little Santino looks like he is about to run in the one photo.
So good to see the children.

blessings,
Penny

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning, Heidi!

WHat a great weekend it was. I could have slept in a little longer, but I have to RUSH OFF again, but before I do, I wanted to come to hug you and thank you for coming by to visit me. I bet your weather is beautiful, isn't it! It seems as if the Pacific Northwest has had some great weather this summer and it's lingering, such as it is here. But soon, the major season of the entire year will take center stage and we better get ready for it!

Give your mom a big HELLO for me, will ya?

Happy Monday sweet sister! Anita

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Oh I just love those sweet faces!
Thank you Heidi, for your kind words about Tilly and the chair.
Really enjoyed making the furniture.
blessings,
Penny

Red Rose Alley said...

OK Heidi, how you captured that expression on Maximus' face, I'll never know. You have to be quick with the camera, and that little funny smile had to have been a quick one. I know I tell you all the time that the pictures of your boys make me so happy to see, but they truly do. They are so sweet to me, maybe because my own son is my best friend. You will always have these delightful pictures, Heidi, to look at in years to come. How special is that?

love,
~Sheri