Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Goodbye to Summer...

 
Last week, when my parents were out of town, the boys and I went over to pick some cucumbers from my mom & dad's garden. Their yard is so pretty, so I wanted to share some photos with you.
 
The Japanese anemone reminds me of the beginning of the school year. And I remember as a little girl, always seeing these in September growing in their back yard.
 
Santino was fascinated by all of the colors and textures.
 
This is a very old painted sign that my grandmother, (on my Dad's side), used to have in her yard.
 
This hibiscus has got to be one of the most beautiful flowers ever.
 
Anything purple reminds me of my Mom. She's known for that color.
 
 
It's almost hard to believe that summer has come and gone.
 
We had such a beautiful summer, weather-wise.
 
 
I truly love all of the seasons. But Fall is one of my favorites...

Santino loves to explore and was on the move.
 
Maximus had fun swinging.
 
But, when the two of them are together...Whatever Maximus does, like play drums on the siding...
 
Santino likes to follow suit. 
 
Typical brothers
 
Happy Fall!
What's your favorite season?


The grass withers, the flowers fade, but the word of our God shall stand forever.
Isaiah 40:8 (TLB) - via biblegateway.com

8 comments:

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Hello Heidi
What a pair of little rascals - they're gorgeous boys!
It's incredible how the little ones learn by copying their siblings... so sweet!

Oh your mothers garden is full of all the plants and flowers I love - she obviously has green fingers!!

have a fun weekend.
Hugs
Shane

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I just love the wrestling shot of big brotha and his baby brotha...teeeehehee....this is the kind of "full hands" I enjoy having. Oh Heidi, summer is GONE! IT IS! The cold weather came in on Monday and it's official around here. Summer is over.

God bless you dear friend. Thank you for coming by and now I must run off. School is so wild and busy....

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Oh Heidi,
The boys looks so sweet! These are such beautiful photos.. Your mothers garden is so beautiful.
Thank you so much for sharing
blessings,
Penny

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good evening my dear friend!

I was in such a hurry this morning that I felt I did not properly visit with you! It is drizzling here and the colors are so vibrant! This is fall and I love it so. I hope you will enjoy the cozy months to come and that everyone stays healthy and happy! Bless you dearest Heidi! Anita

moosic mom said...

Oh Heidi.....I finally got around to seeing this blog posting! You did such a great job of taking the many pictures. Thank you so much! I truly enjoyed it, and to see the little guys having fun in the backyard.
I cleaned up the bubble/lawn mower and I think it does blow bubbles now.
Love you....Mom

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning lovely friend! Oh, it's Friday and it feels good to know it IS! I adore my students, yes....but everyone is already so tired that when our first vacation comes (for Thanksgiving), I think we will all give great thanks for a REST! WOW! I'm even tired from giving so much instruction. One hilarious kid said he had a headache the other day after I had them SPEAK to one another without any type of a script, but to just talk while the other person tallied how many words they could speak in 30 seconds. Those kids crack me up.

MUCH LOVE!

Draffin Bears said...

Hello Heidi,

How lovely it is to see your two darling boys having fun.
Your Mothers garden is gorgeous and must be great going around to visit.
Happy weekend
hugs
Carolyn

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh my, these PURPLE flowers are beautiful! I love the color, as it is my favorite also. I think I want to plant some of these. The picture of Maximus on the swing is priceless. I think I would that one right smack on my fridge where I'd see it every day. Your boys' smiles make me smile too. :~)

love,
~Sheri