Monday, April 23, 2012

A Few Inches

Our Pastor says this all of the time and I think it's such a good reminder. I wasn't sure if this was actually a quote from somebody else, so I did a little research. I came across a site (Christian Devotionals) which referenced the following, found in the book: A Song of Ascents by Eli Stanley Jones – “Someone asked a Negro minister, pastor of a growing and dynamic church, how he accomplished it. He replied: ‘I hold a crown a few inches above my people’s heads and watch them grow into it.’”

Don't you just LOVE that saying? It's such an encouraging statement. None of us have arrived, so let's be kind and patient with one other. I need this reminder myself!

I hope you're week is off to a good start. And, while you're at it, you might want to check out this post.

Happy day!
hi-d
Graphic Credit: Crown via Graphics Fairy

4 comments:

Karena said...

This quote is truly wonderful, I love it!Thank you for sharing!

I am featuring Designer and Paper Artist Anita Rivera from Castle Crowns and Cottages on my site! She is so amazing!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Deborah said...

Beautiful!
I love this saying too...how encouraging.
Love to you sweet girlfriend xoxo

Deborah xoxoxoox

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I absolutely LOVE THIS WORD FOR THE DAY! It goes with Goethe's statement about treating others the way they should be and they will eventually rise to the occasion. Oh how perfect for the day! LOVE TO YOU HEIDI! Anita

Martina said...

LOVE that quote - so great for parents too! Am sure sweet Maximus will grow into his crown allright!