Today Santino walked on his own more than ever before. When we were all in the kitchen he was standing and then took off like a bow legged cowboy, taking about 10 steps. Then later this evening, after Maximus and I came in from outside, Rob said that Santino was walking a ton.
Besides that, here are some of the other recent developments with Santino:
- Grinds his teeth. Oh, I hate the sound of that. It's like finger nails on a chalkboard.
- Fake cough. He likes to play a game where if we cough a couple of times, he copies us. Maximus used to do the same thing as a baby.
- Loves raspberries, Joe's O's (like cheerios) steak & hotdogs. We've given him some french fries and he likes them. Don't worry, they're not a regular part of his diet. The other day when we were at the meat counter they gave Maximus a pepperoni stick. He didn't want any, but Santino sure enjoyed it. It's quite amusing watching him try different foods.
- Santino's not always fond of the high chair, so sometimes it's a challenge getting him to eat. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with being strapped down with the safety belt. But, we've discovered distraction works well. Making faces, playing games, shaking cereal boxes, spinning jar lids on the table and crinkling packaging all help to get him to stop moving/rocking and open his mouth.
- Music means it's time to dance. When he hears it, he'll bounce or wave his arms. We have "dance parties" in the kitchen and I take turns dancing with the boys. Rob joins in sometimes too.
- Peek-a-boo makes him giggle.
- M & S like chasing each other upstairs, laughing and making lots of screaming and squeals. They get so excited.
- Containers and bowls are a favorite for Santino to put on his head. He tries wearing them as hats and scoots around or walks while doing some happy babbling.
- Either this onesie he's wearing keeps shrinking, or he's growing. I'm sure it's a little of both.
- He's very alert and understands a lot of what we're saying. We can tell him "No" if he's going towards something he's not suppose to have and most of the time he'll look at us and then stop.
- When he has something that he's playing with and you take it away from him, he'll let you know his dissatisfaction.
I hope you all had a good weekend! I haven't been blogging as much lately and am always meaning to post more, but....it just doesn't always happen.
I do have several things that Maximus has been saying lately that are so cute. I'll try and share some of them this week.
In the meantime I'll leave you with this photo of M trying to help me get Santino to lie still for pictures today.