Friday, February 17, 2012

Paper Shredding & Other Updates

A couple of weeks ago I caught Maximus in action on my cell phone video trying to use the paper shredder.

Things feel like they are getting back to normal, so to speak. It was a busy few weeks there getting ready for Maximus' party...then Rob was in Nashville, TN last weekend and part of this week on business. But he's now back home. Yay!

Maximus definitely missed his Papa and was very clingy to him that day he came home. I love watching the two of them together...
Aren't they cute? 

I've actually missed doing the weekly updates of Maximus, because I've found that this has been a good format for me to keep track of his growth & development.

So, here I go:

Maximus recently had his 1 year appointment and we are so blessed & happy to to have a healthy Toddler! He weighed in at 19.12 pounds & was 28.5" in length. He is small for his age, 10% (percentile) for weight & 12% for length, but is totally within his growth curve; so he is doing just fine. I think he may end up taking after Rob and will have a growth spurt when he gets into his teens.

Maximus loves standing...EVERYWHERE...on the floor, in your arms, on the furniture, in his crib, playpen and the bath tub. Speaking of the bath...his latest thing is putting his face in the water. He actually LIKES getting his face wet and I think he's also trying to get a drink of water.

Recently, he has taken a few steps on his own. He did this for Rob a few weeks ago...kind of holding onto furniture and then stepping away on his own for a bit. Yesterday I got to see it for my own eyes. And it didn't occur to me until he was on his 2nd or 3rd step that he was actually walking on his own! I don't think he realized it either until he came falling down.

His personality continues to emerge. There are times when he gets frustrated or upset and will tense up, eyes get large & he bursts out a scream. I am assuming that's normal, but I hope it doesn't become a habit. haha...But then he is a real goof ball too and likes to laugh and get us to laugh.

He is discovering all sorts of new things. What I wouldn't give to know what's going on in that brain of his. OH, speaking of that brain, he must have a good one in that head of his, because he ranked at 89% (percentile).

He continues to point more and more and likes it when we tell him the names of things that he's pointing at.

He's sleeping much better these days. His bedtime is a little later than it used to be, around 7:30 pm and he's been sleeping mostly through the night now. He usually gets up around 6:00 or 7:00 am, instead of the 4:30-5:30 am previously. And naps are typically 2 times a day. One in the morning and then another around 2:00ish. We try not to let him sleep past 4:30. That way, he sleeps better at night. And yes, this Mama still naps a lot when he's napping. I SO need my sleep!

M still likes sleeping in his sleep sack. Or, maybe it's me that likes him in it. Actually, that has got to be one of the BEST inventions. I love it because it keeps him warm. In order to transition him out of it though, he doesn't use one for naps. I was really excited to start letting him sleep with a blanket too recently. I'm sure he would have been okay to do this for a while now, but I was always nervous/cautious about it.

Well, that's about all for now. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and I'll try and make my rounds soon.

Happy day!
hi-d

7 comments:

Shirley said...

Oh my goodness, that is cute!!! He is so smart - my goodness. Just be careful that he doesn't watch you plug it in ... he might try that, too. Oy!
You can keep doing weekly updates - we don't mind :)
Love ya!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I had tears in my eyes when I was looking at his picture with his papa.. I just love the father/son thing....what is up with that? I love it. To think that little angel is going to grow up into a man...there is something fabulous about that to me.

Oh dearest, you are so blessed. Maximus is one darling bundle of SWEET LOVE!!!!!!!! I love how in the video, he got to that paper shredder, DETERMINED, on his little behind! "I'M GETTING THERE, NO MATTER WHAT!" Hey, does he have a strong grip? Some of those babies can hurt your fingers if you let them hang on too long!!!!!!

LOVE TO YOU ALL PRECIOUS ONE! Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

HEIDI DEAREST! Yes, 32 years of knowing each other and on March 6, that is our 30th wedding anniversary! We are hoping to return to our honeymoon spot in CARMEL BY THE SEA after school is OVER!!!!!!!!

NOW, I was right! That little Maximus DOES have a strong grip! YIKES! Oh, he is going to grow up to be strong like his papa....how fabulous!!!! HUGS TO YOU BOTH! Anita

Luna said...

Look at those eyes! As if to say, why isn't it working?

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Awwwwwww, that shot of your boys is just precious!

Unknown said...

Very cute! It's a good job you have a child-safe shredder, I'm too nervous to trust them in my home around my kids. I outsource my shredding to Russell Richardson shredders, but that's more because of identity fraud paranoia.

Ruby said...

“Aren't they cute?” – They sure are! But I do love Maximus’ video of using the paper shredder. He definitely knows how to operate the machine! Haha. A few more years and he will be a pro in shredding papers and keeping your house clutter-free! [Ruby Badcoe]