Saturday, August 2, 2014

Happy Birthday Rob!


I had a nice time with my "boys," celebrating Rob's birthday today. Since Rob doesn't like making a big deal out of his day, we played it pretty low key. We took M & S to the park this morning, grabbed some burgers and brought them home for lunch and had some cake after dinner tonight. And in between all of that, Rob helped out around the house, went to the store and played with the boys.
 
Here's a little video of Maximus & Santino having fun with some balloons this evening.

IMPORTANT WARNING!!! I received the following message from a friend who saw this video on Facebook:  "Heidi, I am going to share an expierence that is not unknown to many Pediatric ICU nurses. I am only doing this because I have seen very sad outcomes. Latex balloons can be deadly to children. They bite them or try to make the squeaky sound. If they bite the balloon and it pops the peice of latex can be forced by the pop into the kids airway and cover the trachea. It seals with suction and even the heimlech cannot force it off. The result can just be awful....Mylar balloons are safe. Latex balloons are fun but just keep them in the air and let the kids play with the Mylar balloons!..." I am SO thankful she shared this with me and I will heed her advice!

We love you, Rob! Thanks for taking care of me and our boys! Praying for blessings over your life!

Love,
Heidi, M & S

6 comments:

moosic mom said...

Happy birthday, dear Rob! God bless you and may this be your very best year so far! You are a good Dad and husband! Thanks for taking care of your sweet family.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MR. HEIDI! teehehehe

YIKES.....he may not like that....

Well, these two men in training have the best papa as their role model, I just know that. Look at that photo of dad. I just shreaked with delight as I saw his photo, for I adore little boys in their little boots! HEIDI, ENJOY!!!!! Anita

Martina said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear dad of Maximus and Santino - you did a great job on these 2 - well - and in choosing thos lovely wife of yours ;)

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

I dear! I missed Rob's birthday.
Happy Birthday to you, Rob!

You have such a wonderful family.
What else could anyone ask for.
blessings,
Penny
I loved the video!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

HELLO BOYS (and mom!)

Good morning dearest Heidi! I am fine, and seeing your kind face and comment this morning is a delight. Well, considering that I start school in 21 days, I'm still pretty much in relaxation mode, enjoying poetry and photography, gardening and good weather! ENJOY THE NEW WEEK! Anita

Red Rose Alley said...

That's very interesting about the Latex balloons, Heidi. I will pass it on to my children for when they start to have kids. Thank you.

Happy Birthday to Rob! He is such a great dad.

~Sheri