Monday, May 26, 2014

42 Weeks

Like brother, Like brother...
 
So many of the things that Santino does reminds us of Maximus at this age. Santino likes to chew on combs and brushes and he goes nuts for plastic water bottles and any kind of paper product.
 
The last several weeks, Santino has been drinking water out of a cup with a straw. He only really once drank successfully out of a baby bottle and all of the other sippy cups didn't work. But this one made by zoli (in case you're interested) works for him. Although at times, he ends up with more water on his clothes than in his mouth. Silly boy. Maximus used this same brand of cup as well when he was little.
 
Life has been busy. It seems like laundry is a never ending task. The house always feels messy and there are days where I don't feel like I get much "accomplished." I lack energy & sleep. But, I wouldn't trade this time with my boys for anything. I'm grateful for Rob's job and his hard work and dedication that allows me to stay at home. And on this Memorial Day, I am so thankful for all of the men and women that have sacrificed their lives to protect our country and the freedom we have here in the United States.
 
God Bless America!
 

4 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning Heidi! I love the pattern of the sheet Santino is laying on - it looks happy, like fireworks! He is so much like Maximus for sure! Did you have a great day yesterday? Ours was great - I worked a bit on designing a final exam for one of my classes, but then I had free time to write. SUMMER IS ALMOST HERE!

Big hugs dear one, and say hi to your mom! Anita

Jessica Elyse @ Memoirs of a Mommy said...

I didn't know you were getting to stay home with the boys. What a special blessing! Sleep will come...someday. Cherish the moments as they will go by too fast.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Heidi,

Sweet photo of Santino and he is growing so fast.
I know exactly what you are saying about the house never looking tidy and always a pile of laundry.
Remember those days and life does get much easier and just enjoy!
Happy week
hugs
Carolyn

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning dear Heidi! Thanks for coming over again last night! Yes, I am so anxious to start my summer vacation! I was just reading some of the book last night that you sent me, and I wanted to stay up much later to keep reading, but duty calls and I had to go to sleep. But I am really looking forward to NO SCHOOL for a while to just dig in and read more and more! It is a great read and I didn't want to put it down!

What a great weekend, huh? We had such a great time and I'm still enjoying the afterglow. Enjoy your day sweet friend! Anita