Friday, June 27, 2014

Parks & Recreation

 
The boys love to get out and play. And lately, we've been doing a lot of that.
 
Last week, after our music class at the library, Santino got to try out his first pair of shoes at the park.
 
Maximus had fun climbing up the rock wall...
 
and coming down the slide.
 
Santino was very interested in his shoes as well as anything on the ground.
 
This guy got sprayed in mud.
 
Such a boy!
 
Last weekend, Rob joined Maximus on the slide at a nearby school playground.
 
Earlier this week, I took the boys for the first time to a track near our house. Maximus looks like a long distance runner with years of running under his belt in this photo.
 
Here's a closer view. See what I'm talking about? haha...
 
Lunch break, everyone!
 
I had M stand by lane 7, since he was born on the 7th and seven is my favorite number!
 
How is it possible? Maximus is looking so grown up!
 
This week we started swimming. When we were going from the car to our class on Tuesday, Maximus insisted on pushing Santino in the stroller.
 
But, someone got the time wrong...(oops)!!! The class was almost over when we arrived, so we watched a little and then went out back to the playground.
 
Thursday we made it on time to swim. Santino and I are in a class together and Maximus is taking a class on his own; however, M didn't want to get in the water, so he sat on the sidelines. I think it might take another time or two and Maximus will be okay to get in by himself. He did really well when he took the "baby and me" classes when he was younger.
 
Maximus got a kick out of pushing Santino on the swing.
 
Another "first" for this little guy.
 
I had to throw this photo in here...it was taken on Father's Day over at Rob's parent's house. These boys both LOVE the hammock!
 
I hope you all have a great weekend and enjoy the last few days of June.


6 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning friends!

I cannot get over the spirit that Maximus exudes; he is so helpful, interested in "domestic" duties i.e., gardening, taking care of little brother, tidying up...what a lucky mum you are! But now, look at him out on the track? What will this little man be as he navigates life? I can't wait to find out. And Santino, already in his first pair of shoes? Where will they take him?

WHAT A FUN DAY FOR YOU ALL! Happy to see you my friend, Anita

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Oh Heidi,
Maximus DOES look like a seasoned runner... How sweet is that. And such a good brother to dear little Santino.. Love all the photos.. I hope all is well with you.
Enjoy your weekend.
I see Anita! Bonjour!!!
blessings,
Penny

moosic mom said...

Love it, all that you do with the boys. Like those new shoes, too. What a good Mom!!!!!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Heidi,

Loved seeing your boys having fun playing and smiling.
Maximus does look very grown up pushing the stroller - he must be a great help.
Hope you are having a lovely weekend
hugs
Carolyn

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

YIPEEEEEEEE! YOU are going to be a smash HIT with TWO boys now in the PARTY! Let me see.....keep those wheels spinnin' my friend! I wonder, will you put them in an English scene, an Italian scene, I WONDER! Oh I am so thrilled you'll be doing this!

HUGS! Aninta

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Thank you so much Heidi for your kind words for Abby.. So happy you enjoyed.