Monday, June 30, 2014

47 Weeks

I think in the next few weeks Santino will be walking on this own. Lately he's standing without holding onto anything for balance. Rob has seen him take 2 or 3 steps on his own several times now and Santino walks when we hold onto both of his hands. Maximus tries to get him to walk as well.
 
Santino knows the sign for milk and he'll usually sign it when I ask him.
 
He likes a version of egg salad, but we make it with hard boiled eggs and avocados seasoned with dill, cumin, garlic powder & pepper. Actually, this is my new favorite sandwich. So good! Rob recently introduced it to me.
 
When S was much younger he didn't care for peas, but the last few days he has been eating brown rice and peas.
 
Tonight he had lemons. He made a funny face when he swallowed them, but he ate more. After that he had a very small sampling of some chocolate gelato. He really dug that.
 
Last week we started swim lessons. I've only been in the water once with him, but he had fun. He also went on the swing by himself for the first time and Maximus got a kick out of pushing him.
 
Santino likes to open and close the dishwasher door. So now we try and remember to keep it locked. The stuff he does and gets into reminds me so much of Maximus when he was little.
 
He's also a climber. We have a couple of boxes of diapers that he and Maximus like to climb all over.
 
I've got a short video of the two boys together. Maximus is trying to get Santino to walk. You'll be able to see the boxes in our living room that they like to play with too. haha...
 
 
If you didn't see it, please check out this post from yesterday and help me wish my mom's cousin, Elaine, Happy Birthday. She just turned 90 years old!
 
Happy day!

6 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

HEIDI! I love when you show us videos of the boys, so we can hear them as well! Santino is growing so quickly and eating his peas! GOOD FOR HIM! I don't think I could tolerate them until I was an adult!!!!

OH I LOVE your mind; yes, an Italian theme for the boys would be FABULOUS! And only you could come up with something so darling that will make this party one memorable event, as you did for the other ones I've had.

Well my friend, enjoy your day and much love! Anita

Deborah said...

Heidi he's so cute! Such a big boy and Maximus such a great big brother!
I hope you are enjoying your summer...I'm sure there's never a dull moment there! Lol
I've missed you!
Love & hugs sweet friend!

All my heart,
Deborah xoxoxoxo

renae said...

Oh Heidi, sweet Heidi, dear Heidi! So nice to hear from you. Santino is so grown up -- oh my goodness! I love your boys and M has a special place in my heart but this little S. is a heart stealer, he is.

Thanks for the encouragement. Only 2 more cuccky chemos and their accompanied 21 days and I am DONE WITH chhhhhhheeeemooo! Ya, Labor Day {focusing on Labor Day}

Love to you dearest friend!

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, Santino will be walking soon, Heidi! This little video is so precious of Maximus trying to get Santino to walk. You can see that they have a special bond with one another. Nel loved peas, AND SPINICH! I couldn't believe it. She wanted spinach all the time haha.


Happy Fourth of July, Heidi. Be safe and have fun with the boys.

love,
~Sheri

Martina said...

He's such a darling - am glad you enjoy every minute of him being a baby! xox

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Heidi,

Our how your little boy is growing up, and will be fun when he starts walking. Isn't it neat when they start eating all sorts of food.
Happy Independence day and weekend
hugs
Carolyn