Sunday, October 18, 2009

Good Movie

This week Rob and I watched a Movie called, The Ultimate Gift. It's a few years old and well worth watching. Here is an overview of the movie that I took directly from the website: www.theultimategift.com

“When his wealthy grandfather dies, trust fund baby Jason Stevens anticipates a big inheritance. Instead, his grandfather has devised a crash course on life with twelve tasks – or “gifts” – designed to challenge Jason in improbable ways, sending him on a journey of self-discovery and forcing him to determine what is most important in life: money or happiness.”

The 12 principles that were talked about in the movie are listed below. It makes one ponder the things in life that really matter and to appreciate all the Gifts of Life! Even in the hard times, there is always something to be grateful for.
  1. The Gift of Work
  2. The Gift of Money
  3. The Gift of Friends
  4. The Gift of Learning
  5. The Gift of Problems
  6. The Gift of Family
  7. The Gift of Laughter
  8. The Gift of Dreams
  9. The Gift of Giving
  10. The Gift of Gratitude
  11. The Gift of a Day
  12. The Gift of Love
To see the Trailer, click here.

God’s gift to us is Jesus. This is the ULTIMATE gift anyone could ever receive!

You were saved by faith in God, who treats us much better than we deserve. This is God's gift to you, and not anything you have done on your own. It isn't something you have earned, so there is nothing you can brag about.
Ephesians 2:8-9 (Contemporary English Version)

hi-d

3 comments:

Moosic Mom said...

I want to see that movie! Maybe the library has it. Thank you for your comments about Jesus. The verses you posted were my Grandpa Krebs' favorite: By Grace are ye saved, through faith...KJV. He would sit in his big overstuffed mohair chair in their house at Six Corners, and read the Bible. He liked to read it in German. The Bible Grandpa and Grandma gave me for confirmation is one he used, KJV with the Thompson reference guide which he didn't prefer. Someday I get to live with them, forever, and ever, and ever. I am excited to see them! Also my Mom and Dad and my relatives that trusted Jesus for their salvation, too. Thanks Heidi...you are a true treasure to me and to Dad! XOXO

Anonymous said...

Oh hi-d... I LOVE this movie. I saw it last year and had my boys watch it. AWESOME. You did a great job of sharing what it is about. Those are gifts. Very excited that you like this movie too!! :-) (((HUGS)))

Amy said...

It looks good, I'll have to check it out soon. Plus I love Brian Dennehy.

We only got a little snow where I am so it wasn't a bad thing. I like snow but I like to take my seasons one at a time. Today it's near 70. Crazy.
Thanks so much for participating in the series. Look forward to seeing your photo.