Wednesday, November 17, 2010

28 Weeks & Counting

1. My pregnancy is going great! I am now at 28 weeks and in the 3rd trimester.

2. Monday, I had an OB appointment. They did the routine gestational diabetes screening test and the results came back normal. Things are progressing well and all looks good with the baby. 

3. I have the rest of my OB appointments scheduled out. The next one is in 2 weeks.

4. The other day, I washed a bunch of clothes. I don't think I've ever had such a smile on my face or felt so giddy when washing clothes...but they weren't any ordinary clothes, they were baby clothes! Someone at Rob's work gave us a TON of clothes for Maximus. They are all either gently worn, or brand new!

5. I finished sewing the crib skirt and curtains for the baby's room. I prefer calling it "the baby's room" as opposed to "nursery." I know...I'm weird..just one of those things. The rest of the room is coming together nicely. I'll post pictures one of these days.

6. Rob set Maximus up with his own email address. Yep...so sweet!

7. A few weeks ago when I was subbing at school, I was talking about my prego belly, a little 2nd grade girl said "It just looks like you've been eating a lot of icecream." HA! 

8. Life is really interesting for us these days...filled with anticipation and excitement! Some confusion as well...such as, what are the necessities to get for the baby and what are the needless items? We go into some of these big box baby stores and get lost in all of the gizmos and gadgets. 

Do you have any advice? What have you found to be the "must haves" and "most useful" when it comes to baby stuff?

Happy day!
hi-d


9 comments:

moosic mmo said...

It makes me almost cry to see that picture of you......that God has blessed you with a baby!!!!! Well, I DO have tears in my eyes. What a wonderful Mother you are going to be. That baby is so blessed. And Rob will be a wonderful Daddy, too. I am excited!

Thank you Jesus!

Katie said...

Beautiful!!

Wow, I know it can be overwhelming going into a baby store.

A few things we love...medela bottles, A & D diaper cream, and our boys loved to be swaddled (when they slept) in the hospital blankets for the first few months of life. ; )

Diana Mieczan said...

Awww congrats...I love the photo..and what a sweet post:)
Kisses, my dear

Ps: I’m hosting a Pistacho Press GIVEAWAY today, so please join in :)

Martina said...

Hi Hi_d - nice meeting you and thanks for visiting! Wow, you're pregnant, so exiting! I have 2 boys, they are big now (17 and 20), but they always were - and still are - so much fun to be with. And a baby is so special, you will LOVE it! Keep in touch!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

You look beautiful lady! The dude looooooooved this...

http://www.amazon.com/Boppy-Cradle-Comfort-Bouncer-Blue/dp/B000HZBZBG

Anonymous said...

Hi Hi-d! What a cute belly :)
I loved washing baby clothes. Now that he is 20 the fun kinda melted away...hehe. Enjoy these sweet moments~

Haven and Home said...

Congratulations!!!!! It is great to hear everything is going well!

Cindy said...

I loved reading your posts and "updates" You sound so happy and that is the way it SHOULD be when you are having a baby. When you have your baby shower you will get most of the stuff you NEED and I wouldn't go buying a whole bunch of stuff until Maximus gets here and you see what you are lacking. That would be my advice to you. Love you girl, have a great day !!

Run26.2Mom said...

LOVE that picture! Very exciting!! You look great!