Monday, October 7, 2013

9 Weeks

Santino's appointment went well at the Pediatrician last week. He's healthy and strong. The nurse practitioner commented when he lifted his head up, while on his tummy, that he had the strength of a 4 month old. Here's a comparison of his stats at birth vs. 2 months:
 
 
 
Birth
 
2 Months
Weight
 
5 lbs. 14 oz.
 
10 lbs. 2 oz.
Height
 
19" long
 
22" long
Head Circumference
 
13 ¼"
 
15"


He's gained 4 ¼ pounds and has grown 3" in length. His head circumference has increased by 1¾". I'm amazed at his growth, even though he is still on the smaller side.

He is starting to stay awake for longer periods during the day and continues to be quite alert. I'm hoping that eventually that will translate to longer stretches of sleep at night.

Santino enjoys lying on his changing pad, except for the part when his diaper or clothes are being changed. ha! When he's lying on the pad, he'll sometimes notice the ceiling fan in our bedroom. 

He also likes watching Maximus. And in turn, Maximus LOVES to interact with Santino!

Thanks so much for coming by and for your sweet comments. Even though I haven't visited many of you lately, I miss you and hope to stop by soon. Also, I plan to do a few more posts this week, because I have a bunch of photos that I'd like to share.

Have a great week!

8 comments:

moosic mom said...

He is growing, and is healthy! He is a little doll and Maximus sure is a sweet big brother.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Heidi,

How adorable and big your little baby is growing.
Love the sweet photo on the previous post of you and your sweet boys.

Happy week
hugs
Carolyn

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

HEIDI!

This little man wants to fly to the stars!!!!!!!!! Oh he is growing at a wonderful rate. I would love to see those two boys interact; Maximus, being the "leader" type that he appears to be, must love taking care of his little brother...oh, just saying it makes my heart melt!

THANK YOU my friend for coming over! These days, many people are so busy, and I think that for me posting only twice a month will work out well. I am loving my new teaching post (the high school and middle school kids are fun!) and working only a part-time load is manageable. Now we just have to hope that Ruben doesn't get laid off. We find out officially next Wed. but it doesn't look good. Then I have to hope and pray I CAN GET this position at a full-time rate. We shall see.

In the meantime, enjoy your autumn; it's been so gorgeous around here! Anita

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

I seem to be following Anita around this morning.. teeheee.

Good morning to you Heidi. I can't believe how fast he is growing... Love the ~weeks~ shirts.
Did you have those made Heidi? I don't believe I had ever seen any like this.
Give both the boys a big hug for me.
Enjoy my friend,
Penny

renae said...

Oh it is so fun to watch his growth cuz my 1dd has the same birthday and it reminds me of her growth and abilities in those first few months. We had moved to PNW when she was just 4 weeks old. Can you imagine moving at these precious days? We moved back to Utah when ydd was 2 months. We had some kind of a trend huh?

LOL

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SWEET compliments about my looking years younger. That is soooooooooooo nice to hear. My Mom and her Dad were like that; wanting and looking younger at their older days. My Grandpa didn't necessarily look younger but he loved to dance and sing and be sociable in his later years. He was a good man! I guess I have than breed yearning in me. LOL

Yes, please more pictures more often!!!!! Yes!!!

Deborah said...

What a sweetie pie!
My how he's growing Heidi!
What a treat he is for Maximus!
Hope you are well my friend and enjoying all the colours of the season! Aren't they stunning?!
Hugs!

All my heart...Deborah xoxooxoxxo

Kelly said...

Wow, what a cutie! And he's growing so well!

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.