Thursday, August 13, 2009

Flowers...

Last night, Rob and I were over at my parents house. While we were there, I had a chance to take a few quick pictures of their flowers.


As I've said before, orange (at this point in time) is my favorite color. These Zinnia's are absolutely gigantic and beautiful!


I love the mix of hot pink and orange together!


My Mom made this hanging basket. It's amazing how big it gets! My parents have a watering system hooked up to the baskets, so they get watered automatically in the morning and evening. They actually have a total of 3 baskets on their back patio.


The smaller, but rounder basket is filled with Impatiens, Crystal Palace Lobelia, Bacopa & Allysum.


My Mom plants tons of flowers each year. I'm amazed at how big the baskets get!

Look for more pictures of flowers in the weeks to come. I need to get over there again and take some more!

Before we left, we saw a deer and her baby in their back yard. The photos I took didn't turn out good, so I didn't save them. My parents live in the city, but with all of the newer construction going on, the deer have no place to go. They are getting pushed out of their natural habitat and have been eating many of the flowers, (especially roses) at my parent's house. I feel bad for the deer AND for the flowers...All sorts of things have been done to deter the deer from coming around, but it seems like they are here to stay - at least for now. What to do?

Until next time.... happy day!
hi-d

3 comments:

LaLa said...

My goodness am I ever jealous. What a gift to be able to grow such glorious beauty.

Anonymous said...

I need to learn how to grow flowers like that. Maybe sometime soon I'll show you my pathetic attempt at growing flowers and tomatoes this year.

Joan said...

I love these flower pictures... Too bad I'm no green-thumb! I'm actually trying to start a terrarium or two though.

Better enjoy them before fall and winter arrives!

PS: the puzzle I'm working on right now IS "Cafe at Night". LOL.