Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pillow Talk

The last couple months, I've been on a sewing spree. Back in the day my grandmother taught me how to sew. My Mom coached me as well when I was young. I remember in junior high and high school I used to make a lot of my own clothes, which wasn't really the cool thing to do at that time. I had one friend that used to ask me, "Did you make THAT?" LOL...it's funny now, but man...kids can be so mean. I'm not saying that I was an angel either.

Anyway...I wanted to show you the pillows that I made recently for our living room.
I really like these fabrics - the colors, textures and patterns.
I picked up  this basket on clearance at Ross Dress for Less & the blankets at TJMaxx.
It's amazing how just changing up the pillows really gives a new look to the room. It's a simple and fairly inexpensive way to decorate.

Happy day!
hi-d

check out my other blog @ Proverbs for Every Day

5 comments:

Cindy said...

So pretty !! your living room looks so comfy and peaceful ! Love the jungle animals, especially the giraffes !!

Moosic Mom said...

Heidi......you WERE so good as a little kid, and always have been. You are such a good seamstress. Come on over and change my "look" in the living room...the front room. :)

Anonymous said...

You're becoming quite the crafty gal during this pregnancy. We're expecting all handmade baby clothes now. LOL! :-)

xoxo

Shirley said...

Your whole place looks different - love it! The pillows are great - good job!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

You are so right! New throw pillows can totally breathe life into a space. Speaking of...I REALLY need some new ones. HA!