Thursday, January 13, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dad!

"A man of knowledge uses words with restraint, and a man of understanding is even-tempered." Proverbs 17:27 (NIV)

My Dad came to mind when I was reading this. He has a wonderful, even temperament and even though he is extremely intelligent, he never flaunts it. In all of my years growing up, I've never heard my Father say a curse or swear word. He is not a person that bad mouths others or puts them down. Rob has described my Dad before as "Even Steven." That's a perfect portrayal of him. I'm so blessed to have a Father that is such a wonderful example.

Happy Birthday, Dad!!!

Love,
hi-d

9 comments:

coolbreeze (a.k.a. Rob the Husband) said...

Happy Birthday Marv! Blessings!

Shirley said...

Happy Birthday to one of the kindest gentlemen that I have ever met!!

Annemarie said...

Happy Birthday to your Dad! xoxo

Moosic Mom said...

Yes, Heidi, I agree with every word you said. And God gifted me with him, to be my husband! He is the greatest person ever! I always tell him not to die, because I don't want to live without him! My Grandpa told me to pray for the right mate, I did, and God answered my prayers. Forty-seven years of living with a man that is so EASY to be with. I could go on and on. Praise the Lord for Marvin. Yes, Happy Birthday you wonderful man!

Moosic Mom said...

Here is a word from your Dad, Heidi:
Thank you for those wonderful words to me on my birthday! You are such a special daughter, and I am so proud of you! God bless you!

theappletea said...

happy happy! Have a great time! :)

Run26.2Mom said...

Happy Birthday to your dad! :) I love what your mom wrote...so sweet!
Peace.

Diana Mieczan said...

Happy Birthday to your dad,sweetie..That is such a beautiful post
Happy Monday
Kisses

Haven and Home said...

Oh I hope he had the best birthday!!!