Friday, January 21, 2011

Let's Hear it for Vinyl Decals

When Rob and I were putting together the baby's room, I wanted to do something that would go over the crib. But, we didn't want to hang anything on the wall, for fear that it could come tumbling down.

Well, that was solved by purchasing a vinyl wall decal. I logged onto Etsy and came across a company that makes a ton of these. It's called, Open Heart Creations, and I worked with Nina, who was great! I have to say that she was very accomodating. We tried to put the first sign up and had some troubles with it. Later, I worked on the verse portion, and was able to get that up, so I sent her an email to let her know. She was willing and sent us a different decal for Maximus' name at no charge! This went up much easier than the first one. I think these decals can be a bit tricky to apply, if you've never used them before. The key is to be very slow and patient when doing them. In the end, I think it turned out awesome!

Anyway...Thank you, Nina for taking care of us and providing our soon to be baby with such a beautiful wall!

Be sure to check out her site!

Happy day!
hi-d

5 comments:

Moosic Mom said...

Those are amazing decals! She must have a lot of people working for her. What a great idea she came up with. And sooooo many different ones that she has created. I love your decals in Maximus' room. Good job, Heidi!

Diana Mieczan said...

Wow it looks so stunning...I love that decals! Im so excited for you, darling
Happy Sunday
Muah

The Lanes said...

Ah! Love this! And I love her inventory. Thank you. Sending good wishes your way for a safe labor and delivery!

Open Heart Creations said...

Heidi,
Thank you SO MUCH for posting a picture of Maximus' nursery and the decal - it turned out great! I appreciate your very kind words. Best wishes to you and your husband as you await the arrival of your little sweetheart!

Thanks so much!
Nina
www.openheartcreations.com

Vinyl Decals said...

That's really lovely. And the words are really touching my heart. Decals are such a great material for expression.