Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Dash


Thank you for the sweet comments regarding LaLa's Father/Rob's Grandfather. I wanted to share a poem that my Father-in-law read at the service. He did a wonderful job and added his perfect spin to this thought provoking poem.

If you've never heard of the poem, called The Dash, written by Linda Ellis you have to watch this short video here. It's incredibly beautiful!

Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light,
bringing out the God-colors in the world.
God is not a secret to be kept.
We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill.
If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you?
I'm putting you on a light stand.
Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine!
Keep open house; be generous with your lives.
By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven.
Matthew 5:14-16 (The Message)

Live your dash...
hi-d

1 comment:

Run26.2Mom said...

I finally found time to watch the video. It inspired and spoke to me in the season of life I am in right now.
Beautiful poem that was spoke from the heart.
Peace.