Monday, January 30, 2012

51 Weeks


For the past couple of weeks, Maximus has not been sleeping very well at night. He was doing so well there for a while, but we think it may have to do with him teething again. He's working on another couple teeth which will make 8 once they arrive.

Remember how I was telling you about his obsession with paper and how he has been trying to put paper in the shredder? Well, he is now doing this with one of his toys. It's really funny. He rips off a portion of a magazine and pushes the paper in a hole that is designed to push a block in, which in turn shoots the block out on the back end of the toy. When he does this with paper, he MUST think that he is shredding it. haha...

Maximus has always been fascinated with lights. This last week he started pointing to lampshades, overhead lights, chandeliers, and anything of the sort. He is getting good at saying "light" when asked what it is.

If I say, "Yay, Maximus," he has been clapping for himself. It's pretty cute. At least at this age. :)

Besides the dishwasher, he is fascinated by every appliance and electronic device - you name it...the dryer, refrigerator, microwave, computers, tv...he is ALL boy when it comes to this stuff.

A week from tomorrow, Maximus will turn 1! So, this Saturday we are going to be celebrating his 1st Birthday with our families. Hard to believe how fast it went.  

Hope you have a good week!

Happy day!
hi-d

6 comments:

Deborah said...

That is too cute!
He must keep you giggling!
Its so wonderful that you are blogging about his life...it'll be a treasure to look back on over the years Heidi! :)
That birthday party sounds like such a fun time and a big happy birthday to Maximus!
Hugs!!
He's such a sweetheart!

Love,
Deborah xoxoxo

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh dear one,

He is ready to fly. Look at those wings of his, and he is looking UPWARD!!!!!!!!

YOU MUST BE HAVING A BLAST WITH THIS LITTLE BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhh....they are just so cute when they are babies, boys and men. What a blessing. Anita

Martina said...

I can't believe he turns 1 - time flies! Love for a happy week Heidi - i hope you'll get your sleep again soon!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I can't WAIT to see MAXIMUS TURN ONE!!!!!!! Birthday party in the works, dearest???????

He is either gonna be an engineer, an appliance repair salesman, or a celebrity, but either way, he is going to be a CHARMER!!!! Oh Heidi, every time I see him I just chuckle!!!

Thank you precious for visiting last night! OH! PINTEREST....yep. Addicting. I had joining in the summer but lost my account when I had to change my email address. And I didn't even know how to PIN. NOW that I am back in, pinning is so easy!!!

ENJOY YOUR DAY and I am done entering grades, but I do have about 6 extra reading tests to finish so I can get a better idea of some individuals' reading scores. THEN THE AVERAGING begins!

GOOD DAY! Anita

Vale ♥ said...

Maximus is so lovely ! I have just found your blog and had to read many posts going backwards ! Your little boy must have brought so much joy into your life and also your hubby's life. I have been married for 7 months and wonder how it will be when we'll have a baby <3 Best wishes to you and your family !

You're invited to enter my Valentine's giveaway to win 120 $ gift certificate and tights on Romwe.com !
Fashion and Cookies
Fashion and Cookies on Facebook
Follow me on Bloglovin
My Twitter

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OH HEIDI! BIG HUGS TO THE LITTLE MAN FOR HIS BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for coming by and photos please, of the big SHINDIG!!!! Anita