Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

I'm not one that uses pet names much, but I do have one for my husband, (Rob). Sometimes I'll call him dork....I do....But I have another one too that's a little nicer; I call him heart. I started calling him this a long time ago...Oh, and I also call him Robby.

Since today is Valentine's Day, I thought I'd share a picture of a stone that Rob found several years ago when we were walking on the beach with our friends, John & Shirley. It was a while back. Shirley, you might be able to help me with the year this took place. We all stayed down in Lincoln City...Do you remember?

Anyway.....he found this, and I was SO excited. I couldn't believe it! A heart shaped stone!!! I had called him heart for a long time before he ever found this stone, so it was such a surprising thing to receive!

It's the simple things in life that mean so much. I really love this stone...oh, and the guy that gave it to me. Happy Valentine's Day, Rob! (a.k.a. heart) :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." John 13:34-35 NIV

3 comments:

Shirley said...

Awwww - how sweet!
As for the date when you got the heart stone, I can help you out, but only because I can relate it to how old our kids were :) Hadden was probably around a year old, so that would make it 2003 - was it Septemberish?

Hope you guys had an extra special Valentine's Day!

Lina Lou said...

Wow, fun rock... it's so pretty. And I really like your painting too! You ARE creative... love it!

terry said...

heidi~
what a beautiful heart shaped rock! i am so glad that Rob found this for you. and the fact that you called him "heart" before he found this makes it even more special, i am sure!
xoxo, terry