Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What season is it?

I love springtime, but really enjoy all seasons. Yesterday it snowed and today it turned out to be a sunny day towards the afternoon.

I went to see my mother-in-law and she gave me some tulip bulbs that were starting to sprout. I came home and planted them in a big container that has a Day Lilly in it. Let's see if the tulips bloom. The flowers are called Ebony & Ivory.....don't start me....I know, it reminds me of that song in the 70's or 80's....I'm losing track of time....what decade was that anyhow? Sorry, if I have you singing it now. Well, not really....misery loves company...hee, hee....


Here is a picture of the container...the flowers are planted around the edge. The little shoots that you see are most likely from the Day Lilly. That should come up late spring/early summer. Oh, and the little guy, he's my friend. I'll call him Herman...I don't know, I just made that up. It sounds like a good name for him.



1 comment:

Shirley said...

You are hilarious! OK - backatcha - do you remember the time on the radio where the new dj was playing the "Happy Days" theme the WHOLE night??? Something new for your head :)

LOVE the pictures on the side bar - very nice.