Friday, June 5, 2009

Where have I been?

It's been a long time since I've blogged. I've been busy with other things, call it distracted, lazy, or you can fill in the blank yourself. Anyway, I'm back and hope to do a better job of keeping this more up to date.

Last weekend, my best girlfriend, Shirley and her family were in town from Alabama. I met her in college and ever since, we've shared a brain. Ha, ha....we always kid about this and take pictures to illustrate this concept.

So, I thought I'd share some shots with you from last weekend.

Going across the bridge with Mt. Hood in the background. Don't worry, I'm not driving.


View of beautiful Portland.


Another shot.

We left John, Rob and the kids to play at OMSI, while us girls went to NW 23rd and shopped. We had so much fun and didn't even buy anything. I guess it goes to show that you can have fun without spending any money....oh, I take that back. We did go to Starbuck's, but my drink was free and Shirley refused to let me pay for hers. She's such a stinker that way! :)


You know me...I can't resist taking pictures of flowers, plants, vines, etc.


I like the containers lined up on the railing of this old building/apartment, but I have to say, the little baby kind of creeps me out.


Don't ask me what bridge this is...I should know though...


I like the landscaping down by Front Avenue.


I tried to get a picture of John, Shirley and the kids in their rental car behind us....didn't really turn out.


Later we went to the park and the kids got to play. Oh, this is my kid. Well, he's a big kid at heart. ha, ha....


Shirley, John, Savannah, & Hadden - Sweet Family!


Choo-Choo...


Hadden going down the slide...

Add Image
Savannah Swinging...


We're trying to take a picture of ourselves, but it didn't quite capture our faces...oh, except for my lovely wrinkles!

Me and Shirley


This is the 1/2 brain shot I was talking about! We have taken many of these over the years. hmmm...good idea for a future post, or maybe not!


Rob and me

John stayed with the kids at the hotel, that night, so he missed out on the fun at the Mexican Restaurant.
OOPS!!! Clumsy me knocked over my glass of water and spilled it all over Rob. It was REALLY funny. Shirley and I got a good laugh out of it!


Actually, Rob even got a good chuckle out of it. He was a good sport!


Thanks again you guys for the fun weekend!

I hope all of you in blogland are doing well. Besides me not posting anything on my blog, I haven't been very good at reading and keeping up on the blogs that I follow. I'll try and do better. :)

Happy day!
hi-d

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's the deal, with getting hubby wet! Not very nice...

Shirley said...

Your pictures did turn out great! I didn't even know you were taking some of the scenic ones - you are definitely a pro :)
Thanks SO much for such of a fun time - we miss you guys tons!
I had a good laugh that you posted the pictures of Rob - he was a good sport.

Anonymous said...

What a couple of fun days you had together. Sorry it didn't work out for us to see Shirley and family. Dad was sick.

That was quite funny, the water on Rob. It was a hot day, so he really appreciated getting cooled off...I bet! :)