Saturday, February 6, 2010

Tile

My parents are in the process of having their bathroom remodeled. They started with their smaller bathroom and now they are on a roll to do more. It's been a lot of fun to see the progress.

I also have a few friends that are building houses or remodeling and I really enjoy following those blogs...So, I decided to get in on some of the action and take some pictures and do some blogging on the progress of my parent's remodel.

The other day I went with my Mom & Dad to a couple of tile stores. What fun fun places to shop! Here are some photos from the store that they found their decorative tile strip that they're going to use to go along with their granite in the tub/shower.



The front piece is a sample of the granite that they are using for the inside of the bath/shower & countertops. The tiles they chose are much prettier...(but you can get an idea of the colors, design, etc) The sample behind will be used (4 squares in height) as the decorative strip.

I will show you some pictures of their bathroom ~ the before, during and after remodel stages on another day; but for now, I will leave you with some pictures of the store...










I found it to be a fun trip...so cool to look at the different textures, colors, stones and designs. I really liked the rocks, especially the dark/black ones. The lady that was helping my parents said that people use that a lot in showers as the floor. So cool...don't you think? Very spa-like.

Okay...on that note, I think I could use a massage.
Have a good weekend, everyone!

hi-d

5 comments:

Laura Trevey said...

Oh... so many colors... so many designs... so many decisions!

Have fun!!

Katie said...

I'm with you on the massage. ; ) Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday, Heidi!

Amy said...

Oh, I love so many of those tiles. It's a good thing I'm not remodeling anything anytime soon. :) I love the look of the stones in the shower, very cool. Have a great week!

Iva Messy said...

WOW!! so so so many decisions!! ;)

Shirley said...

Oh, what fun! I'm sure your parents loved having you along to help them decide. Those black stones are very cool.