Monday, April 26, 2010

Bloom

I was reading a devotional today from one of my favorite preachers,
Joel Osteen. He was talking about how we need to bloom where we're planted in life.


Sometimes the day to day routine and hum drum can leave us feeling anxious, bored, depleted, weary or stagnant. But, I think it’s important to realize that wherever you are in life – whatever stage, God is there working in you. Take flowers for example. Just because we don’t see a flower’s blossom, doesn’t mean it's not growing. There is development happening, deep in that dirt.


When it comes to our lives, the times where we feel like we’re in the midst of a lot of ‘dirt’ (tough times/challenges) and don’t see changes; we can be certain that God is preparing us for the next stages in life. I’ve tried to make a conscious effort to enjoy the ‘now’ instead of focusing too much on the future. Needless to say, I still have goals, dreams and hopes. But, if I get so distracted looking ahead, I miss out on the simple things in life that are happening around me right NOW.

I like how Joel said it: You can't wait until everything gets better before you decide to have a good attitude. You have to be the best that you can be right where you are. When you bloom where you're planted, you're allowing God to work in you, and He will be faithful to complete what He's started in you!”


"…He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus"
(Philippians 1:6, NIV)
 
Happy day!
hi-d

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Well said, my dear, well said.

hugs,
dawn

Design Apprentice said...

Wow Heidi,
You said that so perfectly. I think as hard as it can be we often have to begin "faking it until we make it" but with God by our side we know we WILL make it because of Him. His plan is the perfect plan for us. And what an incredibly insightful analogy with flowers. It's true we don't see them growing but they're there and healthy just the same. Thanks for this post, I absolutely love it.