Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easter Eggs


I've been looking at different ways you can decorate eggs. The other day, I read a post on this very cool blog called How about orange... This gal is so creative and always has fun & interesting things on her site. She referenced a collection of egg-decorating techniques on Martha Stewart's website.

So, I made my humble attempt to try one of these techniques. I blew out some eggs and used scrapbook paper along with glue/water to create these. Well, I can tell you they didn't turn out even close to the beautiful eggs on Martha's site...I think part of the reason is that I was supposed to use origami paper. Oops...oh well...I had fun doing it anyhow.

I had some paper that had these adorable little birdies on them, so I cut them out and used them to go into one of the partially broken eggs. Rob is the blue one and I'm the orange one.


 

Happy day!
hi-d

2 comments:

Iva Messy said...

these are so cute!!

Amy said...

I think you did a great job! So cute with the two birds in the half of egg! Hope you had a great Easter! Hope you have a great week!