Friday, August 20, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Yesterday was my Mom's 74th Birthday. Happy Birthday, Mom!

I got to spend most of the day with my parents.
We went to lunch at one of my favorite little places, called South Store Café, which is located out in the country.
Check it out here. 

It's an adorable house, built over 100 years ago - "Opened around 1903 as a combination general store and meeting hall for the local chapter of the Independent Order of the Oddfellows." It has a bit of a rickety feeling to the place. It can be blamed on the Columbus Day Storm back in October of 1962. Winds of 100+ mph caused the house to never stand quite plum again. I think it just adds to the charm!


After lunch we went across the street to Smith Berry Barn. I just realized that I have been calling it 'Farm' instead of 'Barn' for some time now. Ha!

Anyway, it's family owned. They originally started out as a u-pick raspberry farm. They have expanded to a farm & garden market, with fresh berries & produce, along with an adorable gift shop. Oh, not to mention - milkshakes, ice cream, coffee & other gourmet items.


Overall it was a lovely day!
I hope you have many, many more Birthdays Mom!

Love you!
hi-d
check out my other blog @ Proverbs for Every Day

10 comments:

Shirley said...

Happy Birthday, Loretta! Looks like such of a fun, quaint kind of day! Love the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet mom! Your mom and dad look so happy in that picture.

I have been wanting to go to that little cafe for a long time now! And I never knew that the Smith Berry Barn had so much stuff. I simply must go over there this weekend. It's only about 15 minutes from my house.

xo dawn

ps - thank you so much for all the wonderful things you've said to me this week. They mean more to me than you possibly know, Heidi.
Love you!

hi-d said...

Shirley - It's a great little place. You would love it. So, next time you come out here we should go!

Dawn - You are absolutley right...my parents are VERY happy. They are so adorable together. My Mom acts like a teenager in love...it's very sweet. Have fun this weekend shopping & eating. You'll love the little gift shop. They have a lot of yummy smelling candles & cute kitchen items (right up your alley, girl). We should go there together sometime as well! You are so sweet. I want you to know how big of an encouragement you are to ME!

Cindy said...

Happy belated birthday to Heidi's Mom !! I sure can see where Miss Heidi gets her looks from now !!

It looks like you all had a fun day for your birthday. I love old places like that too!

The pictures made you feel like you were right there too !! Very nice.

Moosic Mom said...

Thank you Heidi.....you are the best daughter one could have. Thank you for the wonderful day and the fun place to go. The lunch was so good and the kona coffee ice cream and licorice candy topped it all off. Thank you Jesus for Heidi. Heidi, you are going to be an awesome Mom!

Run26.2Mom said...

What a special day to share with your mom and dad. It looks like she had a very happy day!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Happy happy bday to your mama!

Amy said...

I hope your mom had a great birthday! She looks wonderful. I love going too places like this.

Thank you for all your wonderful comments. I've read them all but now I finally have time to sit down and visit. Such a busy summer it has been.

hi-d said...

Thanks everyone for the sweet comments!

moosic mom said...

Thank you dear friends of Heidi for your birthday wishes. It was a great birthday and then it was all topped off Sunday while we celebrated Dan's (Heidi's oldest brother)Rob and Heidi's birthday and mine at a restaurant with the entire family. Everyone was there. Such a blessing!