Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Waiting...

It's hard to believe that I'm 39 weeks pregnant today. My due date is in one week - February 9th. The Doctor told me on Monday that if Maximus isn't here by then, they will schedule me to be induced on the 16th. LaLa and Bernie are hoping that he's born on the 7th, which is Bernie's (my father-in-law's b-day). The 10th would also be a great date - my grandmother's birthday on my father's side. And of course, he might just be a Valentine's Day Baby.

I must say that I've had an amazing pregnancy. Yes...I'm one of those that actually enjoyed it, although I've been getting pretty uncomfortable this last month. Part of me is kind of worried that I'll actually miss being pregnant. Does that sound crazy? If so, you don't have to answer...

Regardless, Rob and I are SO excited! Reality hasn't sunk in yet and I don't think it will until we see little Maximus face to face. I've been having some contractions. Last night I had a big one...whether it was a practice contraction or the real thing, it's hard to say for sure. But, I think it scared Rob and me both! haha...

Now it's just a matter of waiting. We are ready...I think... :)

As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother’s womb,
so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things.
Ecclesiastes 11:5 (NIV)

Happy day!
hi-d

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited, I just can't stand it!!!
Gonna post a couple of pics of our photo shoot on my blog today.

xoxo
dawn

ps - if you're taking predictions, I'm gonna say the 11th. :-)

moosic mom said...

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Maximus! That's what we will be saying one of these days! Wonderful Bible verse on your blog! God bless you and may your delivery be fast and smooth. We love you!

Run26.2Mom said...

Oh just waiting...so difficult. I am so glad to hear you had a great pregnancy. I check back daily to see if there is news :) I'm excited for you both, too.
I predict on your due date. :)
Peace.
Susan

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay!!! Im so excited for you, darling. Keep us updated and wish you a cozy day
Muah

Martina said...

How exiting! OMG, i wish you all the best, i know waiting through these last days can be hard sometimes. Relax, drink lots of tea, eat good things .... your baby will be one happy little guy!

Design Apprentice said...

So sorry I've been a terrible blog friend lately. I want you to know how excited I am for you and Rob. Maximus is going to be beautiful and you will be an amazing mother. I can't wait to see it documented here. My prayers are with you! Xx

Diana Mieczan said...

Ps: I am hosting a beautiful GIVEAWAY later today! Hope you’ll join in :)

Hugs and kisses, darling
How are you doing?

April W said...

Definitely not crazy that you "might" (you will) miss being pregnant! I had a pretty icky pregnancy and I miss it greatly! Can't wait to be expecting #2.