Wednesday, April 3, 2013

IT'S A...


Today I had the ultrasound.

It seemed like it took forever for the technician to get all of the necessary measurements, because this baby was on the move! I actually became a little uncomfortable having the wand (transducer) push down on my VERY full bladder of water.

All looked good...the baby is healthy, weighing in around 12 or 13 oz. We feel very blessed - Thank you, Lord!

My doctor informed me today that because of my age, they won't let me go the full 40 weeks. They will induce me at 39 weeks if the baby hasn't come. That means I will have the baby on or before August 12th. My original due date was August 19th which is my Mom's birthday. Needless to say, I was a little sad that we won't make that date. Rob is hoping for the 2nd of August, since that's his birthday.

Okay...I know, I know...I've been dragging this out. You want to know one more tiny detail? Like perhaps, if it's a boy or a girl?

drum roll, please...

It's a...


BOY


Yep! Maximus is going to have a little brother! We've decided to name this baby Santino. His middle name will be Robert.

Tonight the 3 of us...
or 4 of us I should say, went out to celebrate at Benihana. It was a lot of fun. We went early enough that we had our own table. The chef was very entertaining to Maximus.

The chopsticks were a huge hit with him as well. Rob broke them apart and Maximus used them as drumsticks.

I am very excited that we'll have a house full of boys. In my mind I was thinking it was going to be a girl, but Rob always felt it would be a boy. I grew up with 3 brothers, so I'm used to being the only girl. In fact, I kind of like it. I told Rob that they would have to spoil me even more!


Happy day!!!





11 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear, this is so exciting; you know, I had a feeling that it was a boy. I JUST KNEW IT! And I always had a dream to have a house full of boys. To this day, when I see a mom and her son, my heart skips a beat. But then on the other hand, I was never one to want to have kids...BIZARRE! There's just something about watching a boy grow to be a man and all that....dearest, be well and enjoy every moment (I think you are!)

SO EXCITED! Anita

renae said...

Oh Heidi! I skimmed thru your words to find "BOY". My heart did a leap and then I went back and read the post from beginning to end. You know I would do that, right? Well, that is super exciting and yes, ...you will be the only girl again, which I sense is something you are very used to.

Ps. I was hoping for a girl.

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!!!! WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

eeeheheh...I agree with you about the care of boys vs girls, but only as an educator can I speak.

The boys? Awesome. Kick-back, run-around, build, interested in at least the things I love (building things, even community). The girls are AWESOME TOO; they love to also build community, they enjoy writing, dreaming....but ehem.....if I may say so, the hormones start setting in and WOOOOOO the end of fourth grade was always an interesting time. Many tears, friendship problems and such...while the boys just looked and wondered what the tears were all about. At the middle school where I have been working, the boys start getting a little more complicated, but if you know how to tap into that male brain, it can be quite FUN. So you are in for a FABULOUS ride my dear friend. This is going to be fun for all of us!

renae said...

hahahaha, Heidi! You do have more blog followers than just Anita and me, right? hahahahaha. I went to start a comment and notice our little faces and none others. You are precious to us, that's why?

Just wanted to comment on those unbelieveable $1 jeans:
I about died when I saw them. (see email for more details) But I am an honest engine, they were only $1!

Incredible! That is why I love to thrift-shop.

Ann said...

Congratulations!
A boy is so fun
and clings to Moms a lot
which I think is a good thing:)

Run26.2Mom said...

Congratulations Heidi, Rob and Maximus!!! I love his name! Is it a family name? So unique and goes with Maximus so well.
I can only dare to imagine how many tales and laughter two boys will create! I was reading this one blog awhile back of a blogger who has sons and she referred to herself as a boy mom. I thought that was cute.
God is more than good!
All are blessings even when they will not go to bed like mine right now!
Peace.
Susan

Marianne said...

Congrats!!! And you know I'm a little partial to boys!! Wonderful news!

Bilancia Designs said...

Congratulations, Heidi!
It's been awhile since I've caught up on all my fav blogs...it's wedding season for me which means I breathe, sleep & eat weddings!
How wonderful!!! A BOY! Maximus will have a brother!!
I'm thrilled to hear this blessed news!
Congratulations and God bless!!
Lisa xo

Palomasea said...

Oh, Heidi...how exciting!!!
Maximus will be the BEST big brother!!! You picked another beautiful name...
Blessings, sweet friend!
xoxo

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

HEIDI!!!!!!!
HOW IN THE WORLD DID I MISS THIS!!!!

OH CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so over the top excited for you. If I could reach you I would give you a BIG hug!
Love and blessings,
Penny

Kelly said...

YAY! I didn't know you were pregnant (I haven't visited in awhile, obviously). So happy for you, being a mom to two boys is delightful. You will have so much fun!