Monday, July 29, 2013

Baby Shower - The Mustache Bash

Yesterday a couple of friends threw a shower for Santino
 
What a cute theme they chose! It was so well thought out and put together.
 
White, blue & black...great colors
 
This cake was too cute for words, made by a friend. Lemon poppy seed with raspberry filling = YUM!
 
I'm excited about keeping this sign and reusing it later.
 
One of the games we played was "Name that Mustache." We were given 10 illustrations to go with multiple choice answers. It was much harder than it looked...I only got 1 right. Ha!
 
Refreshments

Mom & I
 
My cousin's twin girls. Adorable!
 
Party favors, gifts & other décor
 
"Wet Your whiskers at Santino's Shower"
 
Beautiful & delicious spread
 
Yum
 
Goodies everywhere
 
Several of us took some goofy photos
 
Hope my huge eyes didn't scare you! Yikes...
 
We had fun!
 
Here are the sweet gals, who blessed me with this shower.
 
When I got home, Maximus was so excited to receive some gifts from the hosts. They wanted to make him feel included too. How thoughtful!
 
I am 37 weeks today! It's finally hitting me that we are talking 3 weeks away from my due date. If I'm induced, it will be even sooner. Tomorrow I go in for an appointment and they will do an ultrasound to see how the baby is doing. I hope to get a better idea of when he'll be here. I'll keep you posted!
 
Happy day! 

10 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Heidi,

Such a fun baby shower theme and loved seeing all your lovely photos.
Sending hugs and how exciting that Santino will soon be with you
Happy week
Carolyn

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

LOL...what a wonderful baby shower. I love the theme. And you have very big beautiful eyes. The twins are so adorable. and max is still sooo cute.
So Santino is the name you picked out for the baby, How wonderful. I love it. Both your sons will have the girls drooling over such romantic names. I bet you got a lot of wonderful gifts and wasn't
t it sweet for Max to receive some gifts too?
May God Bless,
Marie Antoinette

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning my dear and special friend! I AM so impressed with what great friendships can do. Look at all the details! One of the great advantages of knowing the sex of the baby, and even HIS NAME before he even comes into the world. The expectation is so great, and you already "know" him...we bloggers do! The mustache theme is so adorable, and to include Mr. Maximus is such a warm thought! YOU LOOK GREAT and ready to go! Think of us when you're on your way to deliver? teehee...we are supporting you! Thank you for taking the time to come over; it's been a fleeting summer, hasn't it? But winter will fly by again, and then another summer of discovery for us all.

This is exciting, and the anticipation is felt by all. BIG HUGS dear friend! Anita

Anonymous said...

Absolutely perfect!! I love mustaches. They are so whimsical and fun. ADORE the cake...the flavors sound yummy too. Being able to use that lovely banner again is perfect. Special detail to include a gift for Max. I love it all, funny faces included. :)
Counting down with you...and praying.
Love, love, love.
xoxo

Red Rose Alley said...

Heidi,
What a fun party, and such a clever idea. I love the mustache theme! The food and decorations are wonderful. I'm so glad Maximus got a few goodies too. You look so cute in these pictures, Heidi.

Your baby shower turned out great, thanks to your sweet friends.

Love,
~Sheri

renae said...

Oh what fun and creative friends you have. That whole party was adorable. I loved ALL of the photos. In the one at first where you are stooping, I could see your baby belly at all! That was weird. hahahahaha

I loved that whole shower they did. How fun was that? Great friends you have, doll!

I am a bit better, no pain at the moment. But I've been in bed all day. Thank you for your prays and great words of comfort. Not sure what tomorrow will bring. I injured myself two Sundays ago and was fine on Saturday, but injured it again when going out of the door at my church. I rammed myself into the door opening bar and hurt that same exact spot for the rest of the day, Monday and now finally Tuesday night having no pain.

Don't ever hurt your ribs ok? It is mean. ♥

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Hi Heidi
This must have been such a fun day!
What beautiful photos...
Thank you for wandering over..
Sending you a big hug..
Get your rest!
blessings,
Penny

Palomasea said...

Heidi, what a beautiful and creative shower!!! Love seeing all the fun you had...just fantastic!!! :))) You are gorgeous...mustache or no mustache! ;)
Those little twins, I can't stop giggling...precious! :)
And the icing on top is a sweet pic of Mr. M!
xoxoxo

Run26.2Mom said...

What a great baby shower idea! The banner will be great for birthdays. The cake was amazing! YUM! I want the recipe!
Susan

Run26.2Mom said...

What a great shower idea! You will be able to use the banner at birthdays and other special events. The cake was amazing! YUM! I want the recipe!
Susan