Monday, July 22, 2013

Dressing Up the Walls

Here's a little corner of our bedroom where we have a glider. The space now has some décor for Santino.

Before M was born, I made him a mobile, so I thought it would be nice to do one for Santino as well. I searched online and came across several DIY circle type mobiles like this one and this one.

Here's the end result.
 
The view if you're sitting in the glider looking up.
 
I had a lot of fun making this!
 
To dress up the walls, I found some free art printables online that I printed out on my ink jet printer and placed in frames that I already had or purchased in a garage sale.

Aren't these sweet? They can be found at The Handmade Home.
 
This one is available at Crisp Family and comes in three different colors.

Between U and Me offers this free printable.

The next wall features some other art.

This and many other scripture printables can be found at Beautifully Rooted.

Maximus painted this when I participated in a link party post hosted by Anita from Castles Crowns & Cottages. I think it's pretty good for a 2 year old, don't you? Then again, I'm a proud mama! This picture frame was a garage sale find that was white and Rob spray painted it black for me.

I found this patchwork metal "S" initial at Marshalls for under $7 and decided to paint over the washed out white color to give it a little more pop. We went with a royal blue using acrylic paint.

The birdie canvas was also purchased at Marshalls and since we love birds, I couldn't pass it up when I saw it.

Here's a name plaque/sign for Santino that I painted. It's supposed to have a distressed, old world style to it. I ended up doing one like this for Maximus as well, since the wood on the first one I painted for him was cracking.

Overall I'm happy with how things turned out. I still want to get a cross and hang it on the wall. If you're looking for some fun and free printables or mobile, be sure to check out the links I included.

Happy day!

9 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

GOOD MORNING HEIDI!

I am rather late today, now getting into a habit of sleeping "in" until 6:00am as opposed to 4:00am! We took a walk and I'm relaxing today.

Your mobile is fabulous. I suppose for such a project, lots of patience is needed! And how you did it with a little one requiring attention is a mystery!!!! And I just LOVE Maximus's art that he produced for the link party. We can learn so much from a child's freedom in painting. I actually prefer the freedom as it is natural and from the first stroke. As adults, we learn skills and methods that are all well and good, but speaking for myself, I tend to FREEZE and don't allow my free-spirited instincts to come out, hence producing a stifled product. But his work IS gorgeous and maybe you can watch to see how it develops in time!

Wishing you the best as you await Santino's arrival!! Anita

Anonymous said...

All those printables are so cute. You did a great job decorating that little nook. Even if Baby Santino won't notice all those adorable little touches, you will, and it will make you happy just sitting amongst them. Can't wait to meet this baby!!!

Red Rose Alley said...

Heidi,
The painting that Maximus did was so beautiful. It really got to me, as it was handmade. What a treasure. Your walls are looking so nice for when the baby comes. They have much color too, which babies love. The mobile is cute, I can't believe you made that! You have been a busy mama. Everything looks so nice, and I especially love the chair, as I remember rocking my kids all the time. Something as simple as a chair will make beautiful memories for you.

You have done a great job decorating that little space for Santino. Oh, the "Jesus Loves Me" frame is perfect. I love that one!

Have a good week.

Love,
~Sheri

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Dear Heidi,
What a lovely space you have created here... So many pretty pieces you have put together with such care.
I absolutely love Maximus's art..

Thank you so much for visiting.. Was that a hoot or what!
Enjoy your day dear friend
Penny

renae said...

Oh, you are getting more and more ready. This is all fabulous. You did a great job on it all. I love the colors and how well they are bouncing off of each other.

I have told you that I love the name Santino, right? I sure I have told you. I love that you have his name and his places all ready for him to arrive and thrive! (hug)

moosic mom said...

You are so creative! I like your mobile the BEST! You sure have the artistic flare and have fun being home, doing homey things, and Maximus is really artistic, and musical. Proud of you!

Palomasea said...

What a sweet mobile, dear Heidi! I love that entire corner...so cozy, meaningful, and beautiful..created with so much love...of course the piece de resistance is Mr. M's masterpiece.. ;)) I am getting very, very excited for all of you! :)
How are you?

And thank you coming to see the park by my home! It really is a gem, and I'm so glad you have a lovely place nearby as well....
Big hugs,
- Irina

Anonymous said...

The mobile is beautiful, Heidi, a true work of art and of love. How very special. I love all the art on the walls and the verses, of course. I see so much love.
Stopped by to check up on you, mama bird. Looking forward to meeting Santino.
MUAH!!!

Run26.2Mom said...

I love love love the mobile! Great colors. Maximus is quite talented with artwork.
Only a few more weeks! Exciting!!!
Take Care!
Susan