Monday, August 26, 2013

3 Weeks

Santino is starting to put on some weight. Here are his stats from the hospital and his pediatrician well visits.

At birth: 5 pounds 14 ounces
3 days old: 5 pounds 7 ounces
5 days old: 5 pounds 5 ounces
16 days old: 6 pounds 5 ounces

He has a healthy appetite. I nurse him, on average, every 3 hours around the clock. It tends to be more often during the day. At night, he sometimes goes 4 hours in-between feedings.

He's also grown 1/4" in length since he made his debut. I'm sure it has to do with him being able to stretch and exercise those muscles a little more freely now; although, he's still very comfortable being in the familiar fetal position. I love how he cuddles up into a little ball when we hold him. He also likes to cross one ankle over the other.

Santino continues to sleep well if he's swaddled and at home. Being out and about tends to throw him off and the car seat isn't his favorite place to nap. The seat belt about swallows him up, since he's still so small.

What a sweet baby! We love you, Santino!


Happy day!

5 comments:

moosic mom said...

Can't wait to see him....sooooooon!

Marianne said...

Erg! I've been remiss in visiting because of a nutty summer. Congrats & so happy you shared this pic - what a beautiful beautiful baby!!

Palomasea said...

Sweet indeed!!!
Hugs,
- Irina

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning precious ONES! This is going to be fun following Santino! All is well I see, and we are happy for you my dear. I am crazy busy here trying to attend meetings, get prepared for my new job (it's always hard to start off!) and to BLOG! I am so late....LOVE TO ALL! Anita

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Good morning Heidi,
I almost missed this.. It's like the children, if you blink you miss it.
He is such a sweetheart.