Monday, January 6, 2014

22 Weeks

Santino's latest thing is grabbing his feet. I caught him in action with this shot and by the look on his face he's pretty serious about trying to touch those toes. You can see the spit bubbles coming from his mouth, another thing that he does often.

Last week Santino had a well check. I was a little late in getting him in for his 4 month appointment, so it ended up being closer to 5 months.

Here's his stats
Weight: 14 pounds 9 ounces (35th percentile)
Height: 25" long (44th percentile)
Head Circumference: 16 ½" (36th percentile)

He's still on the smaller side for his age, but it's amazing to look back at how much he's grown since birth.

 - Gained almost 9 lbs
- Grown 6" in length
- Head circumference has increased by 3 ¼"

Most of his clothes are now size 6 months and he's just about ready to go to size 3 diapers.

He's been sleeping in the bassinet at night. But, yesterday we took that out of our room and put his play pen in there instead. Now he has a lot more room. It's pretty comfy too as far as play pens go. I bought a high density foam cushion from an upholstery store and sewed a waterproof diaper fabric over it. Now, it's not too hard or too soft - just right for this "little piggy." ha!

Today I took both of the boys to do a couple of errands and it was so much easier than in the past. Santino only cried a couple times - right before he fell asleep at Costco and then later when we were checking out and coming home. That is a big improvement over outings in the past. Santino wasn't a very good traveler in his early months, so I've stayed home a lot more than I did with Maximus at this age. Looks like we'll be able to get out more often now. Yay!

Santino's really enjoying solid foods. Last week he ate pears, apples, squash & carrots for the first time. It's so fun to watch the development that's happening along with the daily interaction between him and Maximus. I feel blessed!

How's everyone doing? Hope your New Year is off to a good start!
 

6 comments:

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Hello dear Heidi,
Oh he is just adorable! Look how he has grown.. So happy to hear you are able to get out more often with the boys.
Wishing you health and happiness for the New Year.
blessings dear friend,
Penny

Red Rose Alley said...

Heidi,
I'm so glad to hear that you're able to get out more often. It's nice when they are a bit older and you can start doing the same things you did before, only with little buddies by your side. Santino is so cute here blowing his bubbles.

Love,
~Sheri

renae said...

oh Heidi! Hello! Thank you for your supportive comment regarding black and white. Super!

Oh, you know it is always hard to go on errands/shopping or appointments and such with two kids instead of one. But once you master the two kids thing, 3 or 4 are always no big deal. I only had the two daughters but my daughter has 4 kids now and they just load them up and off they go.

Have a wonderful January and stay warm! I see Anita is no-where in Blogland today. I hope she isn't without power in those frozen temps in MN today/tonight! yikes. Lets both pray she is safe, okay?

Love to you dear friend!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Heidi,

So happy to hear that life is much easier when you go on outings.
With Santino on solids now, things will be better for you all.
hugs and hope you have a lovely week
Carolyn

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OH HOW CUTE IS THIS! I love the choice of pattern on the blanket he's on...the "bubble" pattern goes with his bubbles! teheheheeheheh

You are blessed. I've told you this before, but I don't know what it is about sons. They pull at my heart strings, and even when I see an old man, I cry...these guys are special, and may God bless them and their futures. You are such a blessing dear Heidi, and thank you for coming over to visit me! OH YES, here in Minnesota, we are experiencing the coldest of the cold. That experiment of which you speak with the water in a cup? OH yeah....no problem! I saw on the news last night that it's colder here than it is on Mars. Can you imagine that?

We are home yet again today, Tuesday, from school!

HAPPY DAY MY FRIEND! Anita

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

I seem to be following Anita around today... Every time I go to a blog, she is right above me.
teeeheee

Thank you dear one, for always taking time to visit and leave such kind thoughts.
blessings,
hugs to the boys!
Penny