Friday, April 11, 2014

The Dentist

Today we took Maximus to get his teeth cleaned. We helped prepare him for the visit by talking to him beforehand about what to expect, and watched some videos on YouTube showing kids at the dentist.
 
His first appointment to the dentist he was only 1 1/2 years old. And let's just say...it was NOT a pleasant experience. He did AMAZING this second time around!!!
 
This time was totally different. It was a new place/dentist and he was older and wiser (haha). All of the instruments, tools and gadgets caught his attention.
 
When the dentist came in the room to examine his teeth, he opened his mouth almost before she could even say hello to him. It was so cute.
 
All done! Proud little guy carrying his bag of goodies.
 
Afterwards, we took him out to eat.
 
Happy weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

GOOD BOY! Oh this is good news. You know that I never stepped foot into a dentist office until I was about 19, when I started to work and earn my own money? That dentist had his work cut out for him and had a HUGE scare when he saw what 19 years could do to a child who never went to the dentist! I am so impressed with how caring and innovative the medical arts have become, to make exams much more tolerable for both children AND adults!

HI HEIDI! Oh my friend, thank you for coming by to visit me. It really is a comfort to see your beautiful face. I am still so dizzy, and do me a favor...if you see your mom, do ask her how long her dizziness lasted? It will be a whole week tomorrow (Sunday) and though the doc said it could last that long or even longer, I HAVE TO DRIVE TO WORK! I am doing my exercises, but I am still the same. The only thing that's improved is that I can now eat.

It's a beautiful, rainy day here and that means SPRING for us! Big hugs and have a great weekend, Anita

Unknown said...

The second time is definitely better. It’s not really surprising because you helped him to prepare for his appointment. Plus your new dentist is very friendly. Now you’re assured that visiting the dentist will be less of a problem.

Kyle, CDD