Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Bird Feeders

We got a Finch Feeder and put some Nyger Thistle in it. After about a week or so, the birds are coming like crazy!


This guy is kind of reddish/orange-ish...


I can't forget the hummingbirds. They really go through this sugar water! I love these little guys!


Taking a rest...


These Yellow Finches and are my favorite. It's so hard to sneak up and take a picture of them. They know when I'm waiting and watching for them...maybe I need to call my Secret Agent Mother-in-Law, LaLa to put up some sort of trap. Just kidding!!! I would never hurt them, but I would love to get a really close up shot. I guess that's a good excuse for a newer camera with a better zoom. Yes, I think that's the answer to this problem. Thanks for letting me talk this out. :)

Happy Day!
hi-d

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your so lucky to have a deck where you can really see the birds. They are so fun to watch and so beautiful!! I hope they don't start stealing your bulbs!!!

LaLa

Moosic Mom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shirley said...

Oh what fun! Yes - camera with bigger zoom is just the ticket. :)

Anonymous said...

So glad we could be of assistance! A new camera in your future I see (said with her best Yoda imitation voice.)
I love birds! Love taking pictures of them too. I need to fill up my bird feeders in the backyard pretty soon. Thanks for the reminder.

love and hugs!

Shannon said...

I love watching pretty birds eat. I saw a hummingbird outside my back door the other day and I felt sorry for it because I didn't have anything for it to eat. :) I'm going to have to figure out how I can add a feeder.