Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Squirrel

I looked outside this morning and noticed a squirrel prancing around my flowers. Well, more like he was up to no good. He got up on some of the flower pots and looked like he was going to start digging up a storm. I don't mind squirrels so much, although I've heard that they are just rats with bushy tails. When I think of that, yikes...it gives me the creeps, because I'm terrified of rats! If I saw one, I would be like Velcro to the ceiling...really...they scare me!!!

Anyway...I thought I'd try to capture some pictures of the squirrel before this critter got away or did any damage to the flowers. Most of the pictures turned out blurry, so I only have a couple to show you. I'm not sure if it's because he was moving too fast or if my camera is on it's last leg. I dropped it a couple of months ago. (The camera that is)....

I am referring to the squirrel as, "he." I'm not sure why, probably because boys are more rambunctious than girls. Don't you think?


Is he digging or just smelling the flowers?


He's up on the railing of our patio

_______________________________________________________________________

Several years back we had a squirrel that visited quite often. My husband called him Ritchie. We name things..it's just something we do...Anyway, I don't believe this is the same squirrel. Ritchie appears more brown in color.

Some of these photos that Rob caught were pretty cool. He got so close to Ritchie...it's a good thing he didn't bite! (I should clarify that it's good that Ritchie didn't bite Rob, not the other way around)...ha, ha...


Eating away...


Looks like he's ready to hop onto the flower basket


On the edge...


Okay...this one is kind of cute, with its little paws together. Are they called paws?

This almost looks like a statue


This one reminds me of a gargoyle. I HATE gargoyles. They are evil and scare me! Yikes...I hope I don't give any of you nightmares...


Until next time...

Happy Day!
hi-d

3 comments:

Shirley said...

I remember Ritchie - he was a cutie!

I almost laughed out loud with the "camera on its last leg comment" - remembering psycho clock!!! It was on its last leg for a REALLY long time!

Sorry I missed your call - I will try to catch you tomorrow sometime.

LaLa said...

Are you sure that squirrel isn't Rob dressed up in his Halloween costume trying to get free bird seed?

LaLa

Anonymous said...

Okay, hope you're happy, I just spent the last half hour looking up squirrels on wikipedia, trying to find out how you can tell the difference between males and females. The only thing I could find was: "pick them up and turn them over." I don't know if that was serious or not. But it made me laugh. :-)
I have a squirrel beanie baby in my kitchen window propped up against my (dying) african violet. That's they only kind of squirrel that I like. A stuffed on. Er... uh... didn't mean it quite like that... I mean... a stuffed animal squirrel. LOL
Okay, wait, let me try this again... squirrels: cute creatures; pests: I'm thinkin' so.

...sorry... i'm a rambler...

xoxo
dawn