Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday Sunshine!

What an absolutely beautiful day today! It is Sunday, so that means church, but we had a couple of things to do beforehand. Rob needed to go to an Auto Supply Store to get a chrome valve stem cap for one of his tires. One apparently fell off recently. He ended up replacing all of them, otherwise they wouldn't match. Let me tell you, that I'm so thankful to have a husband that takes care of the cars and keeps them in tip top shape! The other thing we needed to do was get gas because we were running on empty! We had plenty of time still before church started, so I took my camera in hopes of taking some photos....



Driving down the freeway...Note - Rob was driving, so you can rest assured that I wasn't multi-tasking today. :)

So nice to see our flag waving in the sky...This is really close to Rob's work, btw.



This was at the Auto Store...I thought I'd make some good use of time instead of going into the place with him. Let's just say, this is not my favorite type of store.


Cruising down the road...Oh, what a nice day for a bike ride!


Here's where we got gas. It's about the cheapest in town for unleaded - real close to our church.


Blue Sky!!!


Traveling down the road to church...


More Sky...



I Doctored, (used photoshop) on this picture a bit because it didn't turn out very good SOOC (Straight out of Camera). I just love all of the daffodils around this tree.

Love the white fence and the Cherry Blossom Tree....


Here's a picture of our church...I was taking a lot of pictures out of the sunroof of the car. I was in my chair with my seat belt on, so don't be calling the cops or anything...


Another biker...


This land use to be totally open - no trees.


Another view...



Oops....this is what you get for a camera that is on it's last leg...or maybe it needs more memory or...I don't know...It's not the fasted snapping camera, so you occasionally find that objects get in the way - hence the car! Ha, ha...oh, little did they know that they were going to be on my blog. :)


Who said dandelions are weeds? I think they're still pretty.
Tree behind Rob's parking spot...

Church was so good! The Katinas were there and sang beautifully! We bought their latest CD. They are involved with the events of the upcoming movie, "The Cross." You can listen to their song, "Carry the Cross." Just click on the below link and watch them on the youtube video. They also have over 100 songs that you can listen to if you scroll down the page to "Sound Click" on the right hand side. Pretty cool! I like song #05 - Praise & #45 - Trading My Sorrows and many others...you'll have to check them out! They sing a lot of praise songs that you're probably used to hearing and singing in church too!

4 comments:

Shirley said...

So glad you had a beautiful day! The flowering trees are beautiful, too. Love the picture of the white tree.

Our gas is 1.97 for regular unleaded at the closest place, but not necessarily the cheapest. I have seen 1.85 for regular around.

Shannon said...

What beautiful pictures! Glad your day was so pretty. Ours was freezing, windy and dreary. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures, Heidi. The tree with the white flowers..that is gorgeous. I liked them all, actually. Thanks for sharing your Sunday with us.

Moosic Mom said...

Anonymous is Moosic Mom. :) :)