Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Pond

The weather has been beautiful for the last several days. Today has been mostly overcast with a few breaks of sunshine, here and there.




I love this pond...it's across from where we live and is a great place to go and take some pictures. I had a chance to snap a few today, while Rob was at the Dentist.




The Dentist office is in the background of this photo on the right hand side. I was wondering if the Dentist and Rob could see me taking pictures. I should have gone up to the window and waved. Just kidding...



I think this is a Canadian Goose. I looked it up on Wikipedia.com and it appears to fit the description. Here's what they have to say: "The Canada Goose (Branta canadensis) is a
goose belonging to the genus Branta, which is native to North America."


Flowers by a restaurant near the pond.

These look like plain ol' ducks to me. Well, that's really not an accurate statement, because I learned in my very short research online that there are different Scientific Classifications, which include; Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family & Genus. It just gets too complicated for my brain! ha, ha...

I love the Weeping Willow


Closer view


This place is really pretty anytime of the year!


I'm thinking it would be a good place just to walk around...Duh!!! Why didn't I think of that before?? Perhaps it's because of all of the waterfowl and having to watch where you step, if you know what I mean.


Regardless, I so need to get back into the exercise mode!

Happy Day!
hi-d

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are absolutely beautiful! What an eye you have for nature pictures. And what a marvelous place to walk! Glad you got out and enjoyed the time while Rob was otherwise "preoccupied".
(Rebecca had a dentist appt on Tuesday this week, and all I did was sit in the waiting room and read Ladies Home Journal. No nice place for me to walk around there.)

Shirley said...

Those pictures are GREAT! Good job on your classification of the birds :) I'm proud of you!